Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Freaky Prince

Christina Aguilera | Christina Aguilera (20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition) | August 23rd, 2019

12 hours ago, Bionic-Boy-84 said:

My picture disc arrived today. There’s no additional tracks on the digital download. Is there where fans were hoping there would be extra material? 

Are you serious? jay1

Originally the digital deluxe was supposed to have extra material, songs from the Debut era like Don't Make Me Love You and We're a Miracle, (those have already leaked/have been released elsewhere tho) and some random remixes. But then those got taken down and she tweeted that she was gonna add more songs and make it more special ,so what the hell? um2

This is so fucking unprofessional.

7 minutes ago, Kirjava said:

Are you serious? jay1

Originally the digital deluxe was supposed to have extra material, songs from the Debut era like Don't Make Me Love You and We're a Miracle, (those have already leaked/have been released elsewhere tho) and some random remixes. But then those got taken down and she tweeted that she was gonna add more songs and make it more special ,so what the hell? um2

This is so fucking unprofessional.

dead4

28 minutes ago, Bionic-Boy-84 said:

Sorry. I hope there’s another version but the download version with the picture disc clearly just shows the original 12 songs 

Well, if you ordered the digital deluxe and only got 12 songs, then you were scammed. nicki4

Maybe there are problems when it comes to the songs. Don't they need to get permission from writers and producers before releasing remixes and the like? Maybe those writers are hard to get a hold of or just don't want to approve the said extra special additions? I mean. X didn't have as many creative input with her debut aside from the remix of Come On Over and some parts of GIAB. 

8 minutes ago, BlancLover said:

Maybe there are problems when it comes to the songs. Don't they need to get permission from writers and producers before releasing remixes and the like? Maybe those writers are hard to get a hold of or just don't want to approve the said extra special additions? I mean. X didn't have as many creative input with her debut aside from the remix of Come On Over and some parts of GIAB. 

Still, that is something they should have sorted out before even announcing the re-release instead of making promises they cannot keep, cuz now this reflects bad on her and her team. This whole project feels very last-minute and messy.

Just now, Kirjava said:

Still, that is something they should have sorted out before even announcing the re-release, cuz now this reflects bad on her team. This whole project feels very last-minute and messy.

She's always had a messy team. Nothing new about that. 

Either way, let's hope she releases those additional songs soon. 

46 minutes ago, Kirjava said:

Well, if you ordered the digital deluxe and only got 12 songs, then you were scammed. nicki4

It was via we are vinyl which is the company who provides the digital download for all of these debut lp releases. I can only be scammed if there should be additional songs, which er ..... there probably isn’t. Unless the digital download with the vinyl release is only meant to be a straight copy of the track listing. Who knows. 

Just now, BlancLover said:

She's always had a messy team. Nothing new about that. 

Either way, let's hope she releases those additional songs soon. 

I highly doubt this mess' gonna be sorted out. It's October ffs, and the album was announced in August. dead2 The best people who ordered the deluxe can hope for is a refund. dead4

1 minute ago, Kirjava said:

I highly doubt this mess' gonna be sorted out. It's October ffs, and the album was announced in August. dead2 The best people who ordered the deluxe can hope for is a refund. dead4

She might have bitten off more than she can chew with those additions. She should've just rerecorded the original track list. I still want that Come One Over acoustic version and a gospel version of I Turn To You. (I feel like a re-release of her debutr with a Stripped-esque sound is better than additional songs you don't even plan on releasing.)

Just now, Bionic-Boy-84 said:

It was via we are vinyl which is the company who provides the digital download for all of these debut lp releases. I can only be scammed if there should be additional songs, which er ..... there probably isn’t 

Okay I don't understand the exact parameters of your order, but my issue is that they announced there was gonna be a deluxe edition and it doesn't exist. um2

The deluxe was gonna have this at first:

But then this version got taken down and she promised she was gonna add more songs. But now we've got nothing, not even the originally intended deluxe edition. um2

1 minute ago, Kirjava said:

Okay I don't understand the exact parameters of your order, but my issue is that they announced there was gonna be a deluxe edition and it doesn't exist. um2

The deluxe was gonna have this at first:

But then this version got taken down and she promised she was gonna add more songs. But now we've got nothing, not even the originally intended deluxe edition. um2

I'm suggesting that maybe the individual digital download of the album if purchase separately might be the extended version. The one i have is the same as the LP track list, maybe it has to be this way. I hope you are right anyway! 

7 hours ago, BlancLover said:

She might have bitten off more than she can chew with those additions. She should've just rerecorded the original track list. I still want that Come One Over acoustic version and a gospel version of I Turn To You. (I feel like a re-release of her debutr with a Stripped-esque sound is better than additional songs you don't even plan on releasing.)

I love your Stripped esque sound idea.

I would have been totally fine with the original tracklist + Bsides and

• Genie In a Bottle Stripped Tour Studio Version
  • What a Gilr Wants Back To Basics Tour Studio Version
  • Come On Over Acoustic Version
  • I Turn To You Acoustic Version

I wonder what the reason for the delay is? She recorded Say Something and all of the Voice songs in such a short time it seems strange that if she was planning on recording new stuff she is taking so long. And if she didnt plan on recording anything then they should have been able to relase it pretty soon.

On 10/26/2019 at 9:11 AM, Bionic-Boy-84 said:

So .... that’s it then? Nothing? 

Supposedly it's coming, but the digital download continues to be delayed indefinitely. Its gonna be a Christmas present at this point. ny2

On 10/27/2019 at 7:59 PM, Kirjava said:

Supposedly it's coming, but the digital download continues to be delayed indefinitely. Its gonna be a Christmas present at this point. ny2

Christmas present along with the next album (coming in 2026)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.