Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

dynxsty

Will The Gift album circle back around?

Soooo..... Before I start, New Member here and most importantly Beyhive here :)))) 

Its not rocket science to see that Beyonce & Various Artists' The Gift album underperformed. But why? 

To me, as a Beyonce stan. This situation is very reminiscent of the 4 era. 4 was seen as Beyonces "flop" era because 4 was her only album that didn't produce a #1 hit. Sony literally almost dropped Beyonce from the label!! Now, 8 years later, 4 is seen as a classic Beyonce that mostly every Beyonce fan prefers over her other albums. Run The World was met with so much criticism and dislike from critics and audiences and NOW its one of the top female empowerment anthems and is one of the staple songs in Beyonces career. 

Can the same thing be said about The Gift album in years to come?

Just a little history lesson: 

When Beyonce's was a sales artist. 4 had deluxe editions, Target exclusives, she did multiple interviews, live performances, very much promoted, and was leaked a month prior.  this is VERY similar to what the pop girls do now with the addition of bundles and radio/playlist payola. 4 still did #1 with 300k first week which is still more than most of these pop girls IN TOTAL.

Beyonce now: 0 deluxe editions, 0 target exclusives, 1 ABC interview but was not about The Gift, 0 live performance, 0 promotion if you count an IG/Twitter pic as promotion. Obviously, none of the pop girls could never just "drop" an album and calling it a day, never mentioning the album again. 

Also, Disney/Lion King did not promote the album themselves which is weird because it was reported that they were the ones that asked her to do this album plus its still in The Lion King's name. 

* There are also people out there that have no clue that Beyonce ever did a separate album. * 

Now, to get back into the point of this discussion: 

African Music/ Afrobeats was never a popular genre in any part of the world other than Africa obviously. People before the album came out just assumed that the album would do well because its Beyonce. But I CALLED it that the album was going to flop. just by looking at the top 10 of the hot 100 and the top 10 of the album charts, I knew it wouldn't work out for her. 

But...like 4, do y'all think there's a chance The Gift can make its back in the the mainstream music eye?? If an artist like Drake or someone uses Afro music to the GP's attention, I feel like The Gift can most definitely come back around.

This was a long one but its really been in my mind for a few days now and wanted other Beyhives' opinions :))))))

and don't forget to stream The Gift so the kids can eat. 

undefined

First of all welcome to the forum! Love your insight and passion for Beyonce. Unfortunately, as great as the album is, this would have performed better if it was hyped more with the Lion King trailers. They should have added "featuring new Soundtrack Coming July" at the end of the trailers because I don't remember any mention of a soundtrack before the week it was released. I don't think it can circle back around... Beyonce will never acknowledge it again. nicki5 

Just now, Venus XCX said:

First of all welcome to the forum! Love your insight and passion for Beyonce. Unfortunately, as great as the album is, this would have performed better if it was hyped more with the Lion King trailers. They should have added "featuring new Soundtrack Coming July" at the end of the trailers because I don't remember any mention of a soundtrack before the week it was released. I don't think it can circle back around... Beyonce will never acknowledge it again. nicki5 

Ma’am you need to work for Parkwood lmaooo. 

Imagine if this album was announced during the early trailers.... 

1 minute ago, Pauly Antonio said:

Ma’am you need to work for Parkwood lmaooo. 

Imagine if this album was announced during the early trailers.... 

!!! It's quite shocking it wasn't. Or Spirit playing in the trailers at least. It was a flop waiting to happen ny3 

Just now, Venus XCX said:

!!! It's quite shocking it wasn't. Or Spirit playing in the trailers at least. It was a flop waiting to happen ny3 

She stay sabotaging herself lmaooo. We know she don’t care tho. It’s still very much appreciated to the intended audience and I guess that’s all that matters. 

The fact that people think the OST and The Gift are the same things.... that’s how you know this ish was badly marketed. 

It’s confusing because Disney as been campaigning for Beyoncé as Nala for YEARS yet they didn’t even promote or mention the albums themselves. HOW WERE PEOPLE SUPPOSED TO KNOW ABOUT IT!! 

Anyway, if she markets like this again for B7 she can mfn KEEP IT  

jk we want it 

absolutely not, this was dead on arrival. she was EVERYWHERE with 4 and even though RTW flopped to the pits she performed the shit out of that song to the point it now feels like one of her biggest hits to the GP.

obviously she won't do the same here.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.