ajp

Carly Rae Jepsen | The Loneliest Time | October 21, 2022

Girl doesn’t rest, and neither do I. hottie1

In an interview published today by The Province Newspaper in British Columbia, Miss Jepsen has 3 songs already in the works for CRJ5. We’ll just have to wait for her to record another 197 sha1

One of the benefits of being on the road with longtime band members and writing collaborators Tavish Crowe and Jared Manierka means that the machine never stops writing.

“We’ve managed about three new songs, which is pretty great given how much of the focus really is on playing live,” she said. “The shows have been going great and my favourites of the new songs so far are Want You In My Room and, surprisingly, Real Love. We didn’t have that in the set initially, but people were always requesting it and they are really getting into it, so it’s in.”

Keeping connected to her fans and keeping focused on her brand, Carly Rae Jepsen is most certainly getting calls. Dedicated shows an artist developing a sound that started to take shape two albums ago into something distinct. Perhaps the next album will be another breakthrough

Source: x

Edit: May 22/2020 The Guardian did an interview with CRJ regarding Dedicated Side B, and CRJ said that she has a “baby album of songs” done over COVID quarantine. Also, her influences during the time alone:

Edit: May 26/20 CRJ states in a podcast that her and Tavish Crowe, have finished an album worth of songs while under COVID quarantine:

https://switchedonpop.com/episodes/carly-rae-jepsen-meeting-the-muse

Edit: August 25/20 CRJ did a Twitter Q&A and made reference to “Disco Sweat”, again...like she is re-working it. So, she technically has 2 possible albums in the works - The Quarantine Album and Disco Sweat 2.0:

Edit: October 28/20 CRJ announces a new Christmas Single. Will CRJ5 be a Christmas Album? Edit: CRJ5 was not a Christmas Album oprah14
Edit: March 6/21 - On Instagram Story CRJ posted her with her whiteboard. The final stage in picking the track list for CRJ5? Edit: Nope - just a tease eve1

Edit: November 14/2021 - On Instagram Story with producer, Rostam, confirmation of a 2022 release. Edit: It turned out to be “Western Wind”:

FELGZ63XMAgZwWD?format=jpg&name=large

Edit: April 6, 2022 - A Billboard in Rancho Mirage, California goes up with her new era - announcing “Western Wind”. The phone number is her hotline to get news…but no news. eve1

FPsW42jVIAEgkxH?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edit: April 15, 2022 - CRJ tweets the pre-save details of new song, Western Wind. Still no release date, tho. fall4 

Edit: April 16, 2022 - CRJ performed the song, Western Wind for the first time on stage at Coachella, last night.

Edit: April 28, 2022 - CRJ sent a Text Message out to all those who signed-up to her hotline phone number. Western Wind (song) to be released on May 6, 2022. It also marks the longest tease of a single release in recording arts history - 4 weeks nicki5
Edit: June 7, 2022 - CRJ announced the “So Nice”Tour
FUp9BQkVUAA_Mtu?format=jpg&name=large
Does this mean the album (still unannounced) is titled “So Nice”? um2

Edit: June 30, 2022 - CRJ updates her Twitter profile with new lyrics of the second single (yet to be announced):
FWhLz6RUYAA2j3X?format=jpg&name=medium

Edit: July 9, 2022 - Rumours over at Reddit are swirling on two new singles “Move Me” (non-album track) in July and a second single in August with album out August 26th and Side B Album in 2023:
FXOmuaAVQAEEBRR?format=jpg&name=large

Edit: August 1, 2022 - CRJ teases next single and social media is started to talk about the album being titled “The Loneliest Time” to be released on October 21, 2022

Edit: August 2, 2022 - CRJ announces album “The Loneliest Time” out on October 21, 2022:

Edit: Aug 3, 2022 - CRJ isn’t going to let fans breathe as she announces second single, Beach House is out on Aug 5th:

Edit: Aug 5, 2022 - in an interview for Crack Magazine UK, CRJ set the beginning of TLT Sessions between Feb 2020 (while finishing tour of Germany) and July 2022 - in Madrid at the Mad Cool Festival when the final track list was chosen and submitted.

Edit: Aug 8, 2022 - in an interview for NYLON Magazine, CRJ wrote 100 songs and submitted 30-40 of them to her publisher for album consideration. [*fewer than Dedicated & EMOTION - due to the lockdowns limiting  studio sessions to Zoom sessions]

Edit: Aug 22, 2022 - CRJ tweets official track list order

Edit: Aug 30, 2022 - Apple Music has the promo single “Talking To Yourself” as being released on September 16th (just before tour starts).
Edit: September 24, 2022 - CRJ debuts “Go Find Yourself or Whatever” at her Cleveland show 
Edit: October 3, 2022 - CRJ tweets that single #4 is coming out before the album drops.
Edit: October 5, 2022 - CRJ announces “The Loneliest Time (ft Rufus Wainwright) comes out October 7th
Edit: October 21, 2022 - Happy CRJ Day! kylie6
- In an interview, CRJ states that LTL is CRJ5, not CRJ6. Her Side B albums are “gifts to fans” and are not counted as “albums” by her or her label, Interscope.

Here are the writing credits:
Ff7u5d3XEAYFOZJ?format=jpg&name=medium
Ff7u51lXEAsYlRL?format=jpg&name=medium
8 hours ago, Merryem said:

carly release dedicated b-sides challenge jj3 

That is coming - she has already mentioned that she has sent a list of songs to her Management Team before she went on Tour. jj2

In an interview that was published today by Metro UK, CRJ let it slip that she is not in any hurry with CRJ6:

“I’ll be on the road til March, we’re doing Canada, then Japan, south-east Asia. But after that, I don’t know. I’m considering moving to New York.

‘But I don’t think I’ll be jumping directly into a new album – maybe another project. I’ve been talking about writing a pop musical. That’s a really fun dream. It was a friends meeting that turned into a business meeting. We were collaborating and performing, and our musical producer was like “what do you do with the rest of your songs?”

‘It’s maybe a five, ten year plan because it would take a lot of time to create, but yeah, it’s always been something I’ve dreamed about doing.’

brit12

In an interview with Australian News amp.news.com.au, CRJ gives us a hint that one of the directions she has been exploring for CRJ5  is “folky guitar”

It’s been six months since Dedicated was released — are you working on new music? 

I’ve written a lot, but I don’t know if it’s for an album yet or if it’s just for me. Right now I’m writing on the road, so it’s folky guitar stuff. I don’t know what I’m going to do with. But I’m definitely thinking about what flavour the next album will be, and this is part of that – experimenting with a few different directions first. And I do also have a lot of songs left over from making Dedicated that I’d love to give some light to. I think that’s more in my mind right now.

On 11/9/2019 at 2:28 PM, ajp said:

In an interview with Australian News amp.news.com.au, CRJ gives us a hint that one of the directions she has been exploring for CRJ5 is “folky guitar”

It’s been six months since Dedicated was released — are you working on new music? 

I’ve written a lot, but I don’t know if it’s for an album yet or if it’s just for me. Right now I’m writing on the road, so it’s folky guitar stuff. I don’t know what I’m going to do with. But I’m definitely thinking about what flavour the next album will be, and this is part of that – experimenting with a few different directions first. And I do also have a lot of songs left over from making Dedicated that I’d love to give some light to. I think that’s more in my mind right now.

2020 is definitely Side B, if she calls it that.

On 11/11/2019 at 8:03 PM, Ruthless Love said:

2020 is definitely Side B, if she calls it that.

Yes. It looks as if that may be the case, and that would mean CRJ5 would be 2021 or 2022. Unless, she pulls a Christmas Album out - then it would be 2020.

rav3

Dedicated Side B is out alex1 Onto CRJ5 

In this interview with The Guardian, on her Dedicated Side B release, she talks about having a “baby album of songs” that she has done over the COVID quarantine.

Writing songs over Zoom has been an interesting challenge. I’ve been working with Tavish Crowe – luckily we’ve been collaborators for years, so we really know each other well. We have our own little baby quarantine album by now. When I don’t have an album immediately due, I just allow myself to experiment. If you heard what we were making you’d be like, “every song sounds completely different” – and that’s the point.

On Webby Award Winning Podcast, Switched On Pop, Carly at the 39:14 mark says that the she’s made an entire “quarantine” album with Tavish Crowe. She describes it as “Fun!”

https://switchedonpop.com/episodes/carly-rae-jepsen-meeting-the-muse

Also, she wants to make the “B Side” album a continuing  tradition - So expect CRJ-BS3 alex1

During a reddit chat, CRJ let one fan know the working title of a new song she is currently working on: Let’s Pretend This Never Happened 

50405685-7-E15-4988-886-E-FC4-AE7400-C47

she also teased that she may be working on another collab with Charli XCX:

EcWkLuKXsAMfRtD?format=jpg&name=900x900

Now with Taylor and Charli XCX releasing quarantine albums...it’s time for CRJ to put petal to the metal and get hers out now oprah13 It’s time to cure and cleanse the world from COVID-19rih12