ajp

Carly Rae Jepsen | The Loneliest Time | October 21, 2022

13 hours ago, ajp said:

NYC

dead2

It's just a joke. I can't believe some people think she is shading Taylor.

She could release her album in any week and her album would sell around the same number of Dedicated anyway. She is a niche artist with a dedicated fanbase who would buy her album anytime. That Taylor releases the same week with her does not affect her sales. Some people say that Taylor will divert attention away from Carly but it won't because the GP do not even know who Carly is. 

What I am interested in finding out is that whether she will OUTSELL Meghan Trainor like Dedicated outsold Meghan's last album.

Top 2 Billboard Top Album Sales are Taylor's album (1 million pure copies) and Arctic Monkeys' album (100k pure). Carly and Meghan will battle for the 3rd spot.

AJ, one thing we are sure though, is that The Loneliest Time will be the better album, it's a foregone conclusion. Carly's music is always better than Taylor's by miles.

On 9/18/2022 at 4:01 AM, ajp said:

An insider point of view of each album track - Spoiler Warning!

Hide contents

Fbr8tgHWYAAui9b?format=jpg&name=large

We have heard 3 bops so far: surrender my heart, talking to myself, beach house.

These tracks will be bops: Joshua Tree, bad thing twice, shooting star, anxious and NTOTW.

Fun fact: another (more reliable ATRL insider who got to listen to Anxious and NTOTW) said that Anxious and NTOTW are two pop masterpieces that are reminiscent of EMOTION era music.

Carly has the best album of the year. Taylor will likely win her 4th Grammy with Midnights due to high sales though. Sad.

51 minutes ago, Carly Rae Jepsen #1 said:

It's just a joke. I can't believe some people think she is shading Taylor.

She could release her album in any week and her album would sell around the same number of Dedicated anyway. She is a niche artist with a dedicated fanbase who would buy her album anytime. That Taylor releases the same week with her does not affect her sales. Some people say that Taylor will divert attention away from Carly but it won't because the GP do not even know who Carly is. 

What I am interested in finding out is that whether she will OUTSELL Meghan Trainor like Dedicated outsold Meghan's last album.

Top 2 Billboard Top Album Sales are Taylor's album (1 million pure copies) and Arctic Monkeys' album (100k pure). Carly and Meghan will battle for the 3rd spot.

AJ, one thing we are sure though, is that The Loneliest Time will be the better album, it's a foregone conclusion. Carly's music is always better than Taylor's by miles.

When you watch the video, you can tell it was a joke. There was no shade given… rav3

True, her album should sell like Dedicated. The promo for Meghan has been terrible, so I doubt  Meghan will outsell Carly unless Meghan gets on some TV program right before release.

Taylor’s promo has been weak, too. No lead single. Just her doing TikTok videos of her with a bingo machine and a red toy phone. I’m not sure what she is up to. um2

Regardless, she’s probably already sold 1 million copies so why promote it… eve1

49 minutes ago, ajp said:

she’s probably already sold 1 million copies

she already has. Many of her stans in the USA are talking about planning to buy 10-20 copies of her album. Some even plan to buy a whole shelf of the album at the CD store.

I don't get why her stans love buying several copies of her album so much but rich people have the right to spend their money on what they want, so just live and let live.

Anyway, this is not really related to Carly but are you buying Taylor's album on that day too or just buying Carly's album? Taylor will have a much bigger shelf and more copies delivered to the CD store though, 100 times more than Carly like the last time. cry4

44 minutes ago, Carly Rae Jepsen #1 said:

she already has. Many of her stans in the USA are talking about planning to buy 10-20 copies of her album. Some even plan to buy a whole shelf of the album at the CD store.

I don't get why her stans love buying several copies of her album so much but rich people have the right to spend their money on what they want, so just live and let live.

Anyway, this is not really related to Carly but are you buying Taylor's album on that day too or just buying Carly's album? Taylor will have a much bigger shelf and more copies delivered to the CD store though, 100 times more than Carly like the last time. cry4

I’m am going to wait to buy the TLT CD. I have the iTunes pre-order and I’m going to get the CD eventually, but I’m a bit pissed than Canadians have been banned from buying any international product (unlike previous releases). All the product is different with track lists and alternate covers and signed art cards and we in Canada are banned from it all. 

@ajp From ATRL:

''Honestly being on the same date as Taylor might be a win for her. People will notice her down on the New Music Friday playlist and maybe check out the album after they're finished with Midnights,''

The first week sales will say it all. Whether releasing the same week as Taylor ruins her or gains her media attention and boost her sales. 

Her statement is getting talked about everywhere on social media, Taylor's fans are checking for her music.

2 hours ago, Carly Rae Jepsen #1 said:

@ajp From ATRL:

''Honestly being on the same date as Taylor might be a win for her. People will notice her down on the New Music Friday playlist and maybe check out the album after they're finished with Midnights,''

The first week sales will say it all. Whether releasing the same week as Taylor ruins her or gains her media attention and boost her sales. 

Her statement is getting talked about everywhere on social media, Taylor's fans are checking for her music.

I don’t know. It’s 3 weeks away. People have short attention spans. It may not hurt her in physical sales cause most of those are either pre-ordered or people are planning on buying it anyway. What I’m afraid of is if Taylor’s album is really good, it will get all the streaming attention and TLT will not get as much if she was releasing alone. 

People only have so much time in their day to stream and Taylor may win that battle. gaga12

50 minutes ago, ajp said:

people are planning on buying it anyway

You hit the nail on the head.

50 minutes ago, ajp said:

f Taylor’s album is really good

Do you ACTUALLY think Taylor's music has ever been better than Carly? lol

51 minutes ago, ajp said:

Taylor may win that battle.

Taylor is already locked for 1 million debut. The one who gets blocked is actually Arctic Monkeys, Taylor put paid to their #1 debut. The battle is between Carly vs Megan. I will be happy if Carly outsells Megan again like the last time.

37 minutes ago, Carly Rae Jepsen #1 said:

Do you ACTUALLY think Taylor's music has ever been better than Carly? lol

I meant the General Public who stream her album. I don’t stream, I buy. 

@ajp

1) The music video for the title song is likely to be released on the album's release day.

2) First week sales will show how dedicated Carly's fanbase is. I want Carly to outsell Megan.

3) So Nice Tour US leg has surpassed Dedicated Tour US leg. But as you said, we will have to see how well Europe/Asia/Oceania/South America legs will do so we can say that So Nice Tour has surpassed Dedicated Tour (all legs).

1 hour ago, Carly Rae Jepsen #1 said:

@ajp

1) The music video for the title song is likely to be released on the album's release day.

2) First week sales will show how dedicated Carly's fanbase is. I want Carly to outsell Megan.

3) So Nice Tour US leg has surpassed Dedicated Tour US leg. But as you said, we will have to see how well Europe/Asia/Oceania/South America legs will do so we can say that So Nice Tour has surpassed Dedicated Tour (all legs).

1) She should do it next Friday.

2) I think she is creating a buzz by touring before the album release. Meghan has nothing going on.

3) She will probably announce the 3rd leg after the album comes out to get promo for tickets and album sales.