Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Holiest Dreams

Lover is Taylor’s first solo-written song since This Love (44th overall)

Jack confirmed Lover was written entirely solo by Taylor, making it her first since This Love and her 44th entirely solo-written song overall — most of her tracks since 1989 have had around 1-2 co-writers (actually, there weren’t any solo-writes on reputation)

According to sessioners there are 4 entirely solo-written songs on the album in total

And it shows. It really does evoke Speak Now days and the original ( old old jj2 ) Taylor. Thematically, Lover is polar opposite of Last Kiss, but they make quite interesting, short dual listen session. Break-up and make-up pair. 

Not to mention that the album as a whole is shaping up to be a pop Red 2.0 while also mixing Speak Now and 1989

Daylight is also supposed to be written by her, but what are the other two? Do we know that? Maybe also Paper Rings.

5 hours ago, Madame X said:

She has write 43 songs solo? jj4 Is Style aka her best song solo written? jj2

Yes! Here is a list jj2 

Spoiler

The Outside

Shouldve Said No

Our Song

Fifteen

Love Story

Hey Stephen

You’re Not Sorry

Forever & Always

The Best Day

Change

Jump Then Fall

The Other Side of the Door

Today Was A Fairytale

Mine

Sparks Fly

Back to December

Speak Now

Dear John

Mean

The Story of Us

Never Grow Up

Enchanted

Better Than Revenge

Innocent

Haunted

Last Kiss

Long Live

Ours

Superman

Eyes Open

State of Grace

Red

I Almost Do

Stay Stay Stay

Holy Ground

Sad Beautiful Tragic

The Lucky One

Starlight

Begin Again

The Moment I Knew

Girl At Home

This Love

Better Man

I was actually wrong and Lover is her 44th entirely solo-written song jj2 But Stale is not one of them, This Love is the only solo-written song on 1989 - thank god Stale is not her best! wendy1 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.