Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Villanelle

The Circus Tour Appreciation Thread

Honestly, one of the greatest tours by a fotp fave. Dynamic, iconic, triumphant and career defining....

From the costumes, the setlist, the remixes, the staging, the choreo, the amount of dates...this tour is easily one of the best things she has ever done and we are unlikely to see something of this scale from Ms Spears again, atleast for a very long time.

Lets break this down. She embarked on a brand new era with a number 1 hit single and album less than 12 months after being hospitalized under psychiatric order...and launched a world tour less than 15 months after the incident. 97 Shows, 98% sellout, $131m gross... remarkable. 

We need to talk about SEVERAL moments

THAT ENTRANCE....

tumblr_mllffhFNhj1qzdlkbo5_250.jpg

Decending into a stage IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ARENA (very hard to do a circle stage) she launched into Circus with this iconic jacket and lioness head piece (we try to forget the bachelorette style cowboy hat from the london shows)

She gets dragged around the stage in a fucking cage, performing tricks and stunts no other girls were doing at that time

Related image

She then did one of my favorites, RADAR, which the choreo still slays me

Image result for britney spears radar live

GImme more should have been performed but lets forgive that considering it was rumored to be hard for her to perform following the VMA incident...

MAGIC! FUCKING MAGIC!

Image result for britney spears circus magic gif

This gorgeous photo

tumblr_mdbaozjt4X1rkxx6go1_540.jpg

I cant even list all the insane things from this tour.... Get naked, breathe on me photo frames, AERIAL ACROBATICS! Slave for you remix, metal costume, the Womanizer fireworks....

tumblr_mrchovToea1s550evo1_500.gifv

YFpPdC.gif

tumblr_luze6snXVF1qi0ofuo1_500.gif

tumblr_mnvgu9C0Y51r9lwjeo3_250.png

Image result for britney spears circus tour metal

THE BLOOPERS

THE FUCKING INTERLUDE

The intro (not giving perez airtime so youtube that on your own if you must)

and of course.....this moment that shocked EVERY stan alive

Im still not over this show....

I mean she looked good and still had her old face and body but she didn't do much on stage. 

The choreography was sloppy and at times embarrassing (Mannequin) and she walked around the along the 3 stages for most of the show. All this spectale, acrobatics,, the huge stage and setting was to hide how much her perfoming skills have declined.

She did some choreo better in FFT like Slave 4 U. 

People hated it at then and stans are praising it now bcuz she looked amazing, serving body and face.

Its a good show and definitely an iconic one but it's far from her best. We know which one it is oprah14

My first and only Britney concert experience, and it was fucking incredible. She was alert and it was a great show; plus, saw her walk off-stage at the end and be greeted by her sons. It was a magical evening (aside from the rude-ass gay behind me and his drunk-ass bitches that we got arrested) I'll never forget!

I think it's definitely the best tour of the post-breakdown era. It had a great concept, some great staging, costumes and ideas. She looked fantastic and it gave proper due to the Blackout album. But her dancing and energy is not nearly as good as her BOMT/Oops/Slave/ITZ era tours were.

In my opinion, they really should have pushed the album and tour back a couple more months. An album and a worldwide tour less than 12 months after being hospitalized?! That girl did not have a break whatsoever and it really showed later.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.