Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

CHANEL #1

Lana Del Rey | Fuck It I Love You & The Greatest | August 22, 2019

She's being interviewed now.

"Fuck It I Love You" was the final track completed for the album. She said it was written because she wanted a track with surf drums and wanted to do a video where she actually was surfing. Originally, the music video was just going to be for "Fuck It I Love You", but while she was shooting it in Long Beach, she decided to add a video for "The Greatest", because that song is about Long Beach.

Lots of stuff about how NFR doesn't sound like anything else she's ever done. Talking about how much she loves her dancers. Yadda yadda. Now they're premiering "Fuck It I Love You", but since it's before watershed, they've just called it "I Love You". dead2 

Lana Wipeout Del Rey pulled through with this double vintage shoot-up. She was always that noir/retro type and it shows once again. Owning it always in the right way and completely.

Luckily, Fuck It I Love You made its place on the album. Like I was completely sure she would make that line somehow catchy in the song thus giving it tiny memorable moments with the way she signs it out. Also, I appreciate song's progression towards the climax. It's like some giant wave slowly building up. Mixture of the first pre-chorus and chorus and that outro managed to make it to be certified very good. That first ( roughly ) half of the whole video is the most appealing ( Lana signing, painting, sunbathing and surfing... )

The most predictable thing to say about The Greatest is that is the greatest. In a sense at least. jj2 I felt that chorus. lana6 I mean, she is being nostalgic in a song, the song itself sonically is nostalgic and that guitars and melody after the first chorus so reminiscent of Venice Bitch's musical landscape is already enough to put you in a certain mood. We got dad and iPad together in Hope Is A Dangerous Thing For Me To Have - But I Have It and she has always carried within herself this classy semi-acidic persona and The Greatest's outro being hell of a combination of lines/references demonstrates it again. jj5 

All things and songs considered so far, hope she sticks with electric guitars, surf drums and breezy, coastal vintage vibes for longer than just this album ( assuming all other songs refresh her like these ones, which is shaping up to be the case ). 

I don't think any Lana release has shook me this much. Idk what it was about the tracks and the video that just made me cry and be shocked for a long while. I would stop crying and then after 5 minutes I'd start crying again nnnn dead7 

Lana's power broke medead7

12 hours ago, Eclipsa said:

I don't think any Lana release has shook me this much. Idk what it was about the tracks and the video that just made me cry and be shocked for a long while. I would stop crying and then after 5 minutes I'd start crying again nnnn dead7 

Lana's power broke medead7

Omg same. Like idk what it is but she spend the whole video kinda smiling but in a way that it clearly looks like she’s just barely holding it together and could break down at any moment and I FELT THAT bebe1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.