Lana Del Rey | Fuck It I Love You & The Greatest | August 22, 2019

SockBitch    648
1 hour ago, Liam said:

4 hours

Ugh it literally drops as my lunch is ending guess I’m gonna have to take a 10 min bathroom break right when I get back to work  xtina7

Americunt    16,293

She's being interviewed now.

"Fuck It I Love You" was the final track completed for the album. She said it was written because she wanted a track with surf drums and wanted to do a video where she actually was surfing. Originally, the music video was just going to be for "Fuck It I Love You", but while she was shooting it in Long Beach, she decided to add a video for "The Greatest", because that song is about Long Beach.

Lots of stuff about how NFR doesn't sound like anything else she's ever done. Talking about how much she loves her dancers. Yadda yadda. Now they're premiering "Fuck It I Love You", but since it's before watershed, they've just called it "I Love You". dead2 

Ghostface    7,662

Lana Wipeout Del Rey pulled through with this double vintage shoot-up. She was always that noir/retro type and it shows once again. Owning it always in the right way and completely.

Luckily, Fuck It I Love You made its place on the album. Like I was completely sure she would make that line somehow catchy in the song thus giving it tiny memorable moments with the way she signs it out. Also, I appreciate song's progression towards the climax. It's like some giant wave slowly building up. Mixture of the first pre-chorus and chorus and that outro managed to make it to be certified very good. That first ( roughly ) half of the whole video is the most appealing ( Lana signing, painting, sunbathing and surfing... )

The most predictable thing to say about The Greatest is that is the greatest. In a sense at least. jj2 I felt that chorus. lana6 I mean, she is being nostalgic in a song, the song itself sonically is nostalgic and that guitars and melody after the first chorus so reminiscent of Venice Bitch's musical landscape is already enough to put you in a certain mood. We got dad and iPad together in Hope Is A Dangerous Thing For Me To Have - But I Have It and she has always carried within herself this classy semi-acidic persona and The Greatest's outro being hell of a combination of lines/references demonstrates it again. jj5 

All things and songs considered so far, hope she sticks with electric guitars, surf drums and breezy, coastal vintage vibes for longer than just this album ( assuming all other songs refresh her like these ones, which is shaping up to be the case ). 

Gabe.    5,042

this will be her best album yet, won't it? i just feel it.

cry6

dream a little dream of me...

Eclipsa    157

I don't think any Lana release has shook me this much. Idk what it was about the tracks and the video that just made me cry and be shocked for a long while. I would stop crying and then after 5 minutes I'd start crying again nnnn dead7 

Lana's power broke medead7

rihce    255

Fuck It I Love You is great, loving the vibe cry7

Madonna    39,592

They are.... cute I guess. orangu1 I mean I love the aesthetic and all the shots. It's a very beautiful video but I'm not feeling these songs that much.

Hunty Bear    11,839

lowkey weird but beautiful music video! the songs are incredible but we've been knew xtina6 Fuck It I Love You's video >

Lachlan    18,346

Literally the GREATEST song of all time. bebe1 Can't wait to watch the videos after work.

Mystique    7,556

fuck it I luh youuuu bey3 

the greatest is gorgeous 

SockBitch    648
12 hours ago, Eclipsa said:

I don't think any Lana release has shook me this much. Idk what it was about the tracks and the video that just made me cry and be shocked for a long while. I would stop crying and then after 5 minutes I'd start crying again nnnn dead7 

Lana's power broke medead7

Omg same. Like idk what it is but she spend the whole video kinda smiling but in a way that it clearly looks like she’s just barely holding it together and could break down at any moment and I FELT THAT bebe1