Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Holiest Dreams

Lover has already sold 1 million copies in pre-orders globally

Taylor Swift has not given up on the full-length album as an indicator of success as well as art form, and judging from pre-release sales for “Lover,” which comes out Friday, her belief in the ongoing viability of the format is not in vain.

“The anticipation of this album is extraordinary, with pre-sales quickly approaching one million copies globally,” Monte Lipman, founder and chairman of Republic Records, tells Variety.

Swift’s previous album, 2017’s “Reputation,” was the last album to sell a million copies in the U.S. in its opening week, and all eyes are on “Lover” — her first release since signing with Republic — to reveal whether that’s still an attainable goal this late into the streaming era. The international pre-release tally suggests that it might well be.

X

Yeah, I also share the opinion that at least 40 % ( if not 50 % as well ) of those pre-order sales must be from the USA. It is obvious that she managed to come up with the best strategy to sell the album than ever before and promotion of it is and will be on spot apparently, so not totally surprised at this. 

However, we will have to see how next weeks unfolds. I mean, personally, I am really surprised ( positively of course ) that she is probably managing to get the reputation album pre-order numbers ( if this really is what is going on ), but it still kind of feels early despite reports. 

2 hours ago, Ladey Gags said:

Imagine how tired we are....She could do the bare minimum and she's still gonna get the sales. Good for her though, working her ass off and getting rewarded for it.

I mean she does way more than the bare minimum so... your point? ari9 

The first two singles were questionable but Archer and Lover are highly acclaimed. We have to stan at her quality getting rewarded giveup1 

26 minutes ago, Arya said:

I don't believe this gag1

It has to be real since it came directly from the label CEO but I’m not holding my breath for her to outdo 1989 or something. Regardless, it looks like Lover has her biggest pre-order numbers yet so even if the album sells less than Reputation on release week (like, new non-preorder sales) she’ll probably do the 1m+ again gag1 

9 hours ago, Aquamarine said:

Everyone always says the same thing every era before The LordE snaps once again. tay6

Well, of course, the snake queen calculates her eras almost perfectly. The Scooter fiasco brought a lot of attention to her new album all on its own.ari8 

She releases one annoyingly catchy lead single, one star-studded and / or beautifully executed video for the next single (or one at one point in the era), and two masterpieces all the while causing ripples in the headlines and music industry. It's a predictable formula but it keeps working for her.

1989 was so iffy for me after Shake It Off, then she goes and releases the masterpiece video and song Blank Space. Then the promo singles.

Reputation started off with an annoyingly catchy song with an ICONIC music video. She saved the best tracks for the album release...bey10

45 minutes ago, trashbanjo said:

She saved the best tracks for the album release...bey10

She always does that, her pre-album singles always pale in comparison to the album tracks. A genius, a literal genius, queen of keeping the gays entertained and hyped! bey3

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.