Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Holiest Dreams

Taylor is re-recording her older albums (CBS)

In an in-depth interview that features Swift at home, in the studio and much more, the chart-topping singer-songwriter tells Smith she found out about the deal "when it was online" and that nobody in her inner circle knew of the pending deal. Big Machine officials see it differently. Smith asks Swift about re-recording the past songs as a way to regain control of her master recordings.

"Might you do that?" Smith asks.

“Oh yeah," Swift says.

"That's a plan?" Smith asks.

”Yeah, absolutely," Swift says.

ngcb1

Snippet from her CBS interview that will air tomorrow! 

article

Her going back through her catalogue from this point will be definitely interesting journey. First, her vocals improved over time, she experienced a lot of things and idea of her going back to studio and revisiting heartbreak gems like Speak Now and Red is something that really sparks interest to hear it all over again. 

Not to mention how strong of a will she got to do this. jj2 Supporting. 

19 minutes ago, Lilac said:

We-

get that coin hennybrit15

Scooter really thoughtgag1

It’s so funny, I mean sadly he’ll still have her old masters and all but her new ones will probably devalue them by half gag1 

8 minutes ago, Entea said:

How will it work? Will both sets of recordings be on the market?

Yes. Scooter will still own the original masters to her old albums and they’ll be out there to stream/buy, but by re-recording and creating new ones that she herself owns, it’ll devalue the old ones quite a bit (I’m guessing by half at least) — as a portion of the streams/sales that went to the original versions of her albums would be spread out to the new ones. I think that’s correct.

1 minute ago, RepuTAYtion said:

Soooo petty 

How is this petty? By re-recording her old material it will devalue the old masters and she’ll regain the upper hand against multiple sleazy men who screwed her over... I don’t see the issue brit14 

If anything it’s a power move, not petty. No one would call a male musician doing this petty jj2 

I know her vocals have improved, and I understand why she wants to do this, but I don't like the idea of re-recording old music. It's not possible to put the same emotion/energy into songs you've been detached from for years.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.