Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Venus XCX

LISTENING PARTY LIVE: "Lover" First Impressions Thread

i'll post my thoughts as i listen track by track!

I forgot that you existed is...a cute track. a fun little bop. i like the fun sass she has but im not really loving the production, it's yncd reminiscient.

Im writing this as I listen: 

I Forgot You Existed: ma'am no lmaooo. This can go

Cruel Summer: Really good production! thats about it though. It sounds radio friendly, probably going #1. But thats not saying much. 

Lover: Never cared for this song. Its a cheesy love song which was the point. If I hear this at a wedding... im leaving. 

The Man: it's fine. Again, production is stunning. Antonoff can do no wrong! Nothing special about this Taylors involvement 

I Think He Knows: Lyrically one of the better songs, LYRICALLY THO... But then again idk what this song is about. I like this one, its catchy. Its not as childish as the songs she's been doing for the past 13 years so thats good!

Miss Americana: VERY LORDE!!! assuming this is a Joel Little produced track?? like its VERY LORDE. I would actually prefer Lorde singing this other than her lol. it loses me at the chorus tho... without the chorus this would be a standout. 

Paper Hearts: this can go too lol. Sounds like a Disney theme song... 

Cordelia Street: Sounds like another Lorde reject....  kinda gives me delicate vibes without the vocoder. This is also a lyrically strong song. Lost my at the bridge though... At this point in the album I would've  hoped her vocals changed a little and they haven't.... 

Death By Thousand Cuts: Its fine, production is minimal. Again, sounds childish to me. 

London Boy: At least she tried. 

Soon You'll Get Better: obviously a beautiful song! Probably her strongest lyrically. FEARLESS VIBES FR!! 

False God: VERY LANA AND LORDE! Probably another Antonoff. Production once again carries the track. Slow, mellow, chill song. Probably the only song that MATURE!! surprising. She's not talking about a boy or love. A full album like this and maybe ill turn into a Swiftie. The lyrics are minimal but catchy! I do appreciate trying new things with her vocals.

YNTCD: this should've been left

Afterglow: Cute, an easy skip, at this point the songs are starting to sound the same.... but its still cute I guess

It Nice To Have A Friend: THIS SHOULD'VE BEEN LEFT. Someone remind her she's almost 30.... 

DayLight: Average Again, should've been left. Lyrics are great! Very mature once again. Sonically and Lyrically its sounds the same as the rest of the album. No diversity in her vocals and the production begins to sound the same as the rest. 

so out of this 18 track album... I only liked 4. 

Cruel Summer

Miss Americana 

Soon You'll get Better

I Think He Knows 

Cordelia Street & False God sounds like songs that'll grow on me. 

Its very Taylor.... In my opinion, its average at best. It's not different from anything different we've heard from Taylor. But I applaud her for having like 3 songs that show her maturity. Will I go back and listen to it? Maybe but maybe not. 

This would've been a disappointment if the album wasn't hyped for 3 months.... but since its Taylor and her swifties are gonna eat up everything she does... I guess this album is okay!

Boring mellow album ....

she really lost lost her touch ...I mean lyrics are good but overall album is dull... 

there is few cute songs but album is just meh

cornelia street is great. best track off the album so far. miss americana is cute but the lyrics are incomprehensible orangu1 

paper hearts is atrocious and needs to be deleted IMMEDIATELY. death by a thousand cuts is a cute bop

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.