Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Agugaga

I like Taylor's new album

Not too shabby. Way better than "Reputation" in my opinion, and she has a lot of catchy pop songs on this like "Cruel Summer" and "Lover." I'll admit, she stepped it up. Let me keep listening some more. xtina5 

2 hours ago, Madonna said:

1989 isn't even "great". It's one of the most bland and basic pop album any of the faves ever released. dead2 Literally mayonnaise lite.

and Lover isn't "mayonnaise lite"? 

4 hours ago, Madonna said:

1989 isn't even "great". It's one of the most bland and basic pop album any of the faves ever released. dead2 Literally mayonnaise lite.

1989 had great hooks and more dynamic instrumentals than Lover. It was basic in lyrics compared to what she can do, but the production was great. Lover is just a snooze-fest to me mad5 

A lot of it sounds like a shameless Carly Rae Jepsen rip off to be honest. aretha1 Taylor is a talented songwriter, but despite that she doesn't have a musical zenith, her music is shockingly monotonous to my ears for an artist that supposedly evokes such a wide range of emotion with so many fans. And honestly, she's been bleakly stealing from artists that momentarily inspired her (Hilary, Lana, Loona, Carly... etc) and that's a lot coming from me as someone who never really cared about a chord progression type of similarity in Pop music, with her it's almost like she makes it balantly unmistakable. 

At the end of the day there's nothing "wrong" with her music, I would casually enjoy it if it weren't for her flat ass voice. I'm just in constant wonderment when I compare what I see and hear from her with the numbers that she's pulling. It's a mystery to me. gaga6

2 hours ago, Jjang said:

At the end of the day there's nothing "wrong" with her music, I would casually enjoy it if it weren't for her flat ass voice. I'm just in constant wonderment when I compare what I see and hear from her with the numbers that she's pulling. It's a mystery to me. gaga6

This. A lot of her music would be more enjoyable if it weren't for her bland ass voice that sounds exactly like any other white girl. Especially for things like Reputation where she supposedly has to express anger and her voice is same old same old. Where is the emotional range everybody talks about gaga6

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.