Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Liam

VMAs ratings hit new low third year in a row

1 minute ago, Hylia said:

This was the first year I didn’t watch since 2010 lol3 award shows aren’t what they used to be

they are so transparent to not see the issue here gag1

• shit promotion and lead-up. half the performers were released only a few days ago including Miley who was one of the bigger draws
  • no conscience of popular music; Rosalia/Bad Bunny/J Balvin was cute but where was the k-pop or rap artists?
  • no big draws. we had Taylor but we used to have Gaga/Katy/Rihanna all at one ceremony
  • no Ariana or Billie who were the BIG winners of the night
  • need to have better streaming on their f*cking website for international viewers

That's what happens when you try desperately to promote new artists and turn them into bigger names in music. Its like they think that they can force us to like them, or their mediocre music.

gag1 

The VMAs have been absolute shit for years now. They only slightly redeemed themselves this year by finally giving Missy the Vanguard award. I'm sure by next year they'll be back to giving it to artists who don't really deserve it. It's really sad, honestly. Award shows and the awards themselves don't really hold as much significance as they used to.

I feel like they need to look forward to international fans and more stuff that's out instead of binging of same song 10 times. I mean I'm ok, I'm happy for Taylor but I preferred older vmas like her fearless one/red era but without all of the controverseries because I can't stand drama old or new or at least move forward or make up at least. Kanye was dumb and Kim is dumber as a plastic bag with money in 1 hand lol.

I don't know what I read but I think Rihanna quoted 1 of the years when Taylor won ikywt and she called her w word or the s word...I'm hoping she didn't say that because I like her music to as fan/Stan. I don't think so but I'm hoping not. They did good for Missy but other artists need regnicion to. Its like awards shows cancel everyone and should include everyone to. I don't mean bring up older material I'm just curious little

15 hours ago, Karmacode AJ said:

Like they made this Billie Eilish chick. She'll never be Avril on her best day. Avril is queen. And Ava should have one Best New Artist not Not that flop Billie. She's overrated IMO ari8

Pls inform what did Ava do that was better than Billie?

Surprised? No. Have a lot to say? Yes.

its funny how tried to pull the racial diversity card when all they did was put only black RAPPERS in the forefrontwendy4 as an African American myself, I smell the BS. In terms of the pop performances, Normani did spectacular. Taylor did well, the hosting was good. But obviously something was missing........

we have to realize it takes good performances and songs to make this awards show PERFECTmad7

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.