Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

COOKIES

I am so dissapointed in Christina

On 9/23/2019 at 7:41 AM, COOKIES said:

Yeah. It's so weird. I have been a fan since 1999 and was ok with the lack of career from 2010-2018 but for some reason now that she is finally back I'm close to being done with her. She has so much potential and I honestly thought that after such a long break she would put her all into her new projects. But instead she stopped promoting her album the day it was released, only gave us 1 proper music video from it, didnt bother to get in shape for her tours and residency and creatively just seems uninspired. I mean just look at all of her intro videos and perfume commercials.. it's just her in different costumes staring dramatically into the camera. Compare that to her past video interludes.. it's like she has no idea what to do. People acting like I just dont like her being fat instead of me hating her new "style" of performing are delusional.

Please feel free to fuck all the way off. She doesn’t need your fandom or want it.

On 9/25/2019 at 10:10 PM, Darlin said:

Since 2018 she has released an album, gone on a North American tour, done a Las Vegas residency, toured Europe, and is about to tour Latin America starting with Mexico. She was also nominated for two GRAMMYs and has a new song coming out this Friday for The Addams Family soundtrack.

It's fine if you feel like you're moving on from her but just don't turn into one of those haters who are ex-stans. She already said she doesn't care if her album flops back in the Liberation era. Yes it's disappointing but the new music is acclaimed and great so who cares?

She took 6 years to release that album, her tour barely required rehersals because she is barely moving also there are very few dates. I dont see what Grammy nominations have to do with work ethic.

The problem is that her lack of promo and effort is going to harm her career in the long run. She isnt doing that well with her ticket sales and its only going to get worse. People are all talking about how her shows were sold out in Europe but honestly I only bought my ticket 3 weeks before the show in Berlin because they were so heavily discounted. My ticket originally cost 80 Euros and I got it for 30!! Im sure thats why a lot of the places that were kind of selling slow, sold out all of a sudden.

Do you really think that she did small venues for Liberation because she wanted to or because she and her team know that she cant sell out bigger arenas? Do you think her tour was as low budget as it was (not complaining) because they believed in her ability to make money? 

Christina hasnt had a solo hit since 2008. Most young kids know her as a judge and not a singer. Im ok with her album not being Nr. 1 and I am fully aware that as  a mom she has different priorities. But there is a better way to manage your time. I feel like she did a bunch of unneccesary shit but didnt focus on the task at hand: Promoting her album.  Like she could easily have done 1 performance per award show. She could have sang Do It Like I do at the BBMA, Twice at the Grammys and maybe uploaded herself singing acoustic versions of UIWY and Maria to Youtube. Every single time she was on an evenging show she could have sang a new song. She could have added 1 more week of promotion the week of release and actually focused on new songs with amazing performances. These days people want visuals and choreo and she didnt deliver any of those things. I KNOW she is a vocalist and wants that to be her focus but you cant expect people to talk about and share your performance when they dont think its interesting: Unfortunatly most people dont think her voice alone is a reason to share her performances.

I mean if you look at these performances..the songs are basic as hell but there was something interesting and different about them and people loved them. Noboy cared about Christinas comeback and honestly to me that was really upsetting. I thought she would come back with something special up her sleave but she just didnt,.

@COOKIESdid you not read her 2013 letter on her website where she basically announced her own ~semi retirement from playing the popstar game? mind you she was skinny as fuck at the time she wrote it so i will stop you before you go on fat shaming her again and imply that's the reason she's acting the way she has/is.

all the performances you posted are from CURRENT mainstream female artists still playing the same game Xtina played (except X did it much better) when she was their age (except for Bey who is a force of nature and Missy who is even more of a relic than X right now) so i fail to see your point. Xtina simply isn't DRIVEN anymore and it's ok. she's been there, done that and greatly so.

she's living her LIFE on her own terms and that's priceless.  just look at fucking Britney Spears. would you rather have that for Christina? if her family/children come first so be it. she's almost 39. the fact that she's touring and going out there for her fans, putting out great music and so on should be enough. go stan Camila Cabello and Taylor Swift if they're better at playing the game than X. just don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Christina is turning into a legacy artist the way plenty of succesful women (Mariah, Celine etc) in their late thirties/40s have. either accept that, either move on but don't blame her for any of her life choices. they're HERS, NOT yours.

9 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

@COOKIESdid you not read her 2013 letter on her website where she basically announced her own ~semi retirement from playing the popstar game? mind you she was skinny as fuck at the time she wrote it so i will stop you before you go on fat shaming her again and imply that's the reason she's acting the way she has/is.

all the performances you posted are from CURRENT mainstream female artists still playing the same game Xtina played (except X did it much better) when she was their age (except for Bey who is a force of nature and Missy who is even more of a relic than X right now) so i fail to see your point. Xtina simply isn't DRIVEN anymore and it's ok. she's been there, done that and greatly so.

she's living her LIFE on her own terms and that's priceless.  just look at fucking Britney Spears. would you rather have that for Christina? if her family/children come first so be it. she's almost 39. the fact that she's touring and going out there for her fans, putting out great music and so on should be enough. go stan Camila Cabello and Taylor Swift if they're better at playing the game than X. just don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Christina is turning into a legacy artist the way plenty of succesful women (Mariah, Celine etc) in their late thirties/40s have. either accept that, either move on but don't blame her for any of her life choices. they're HERS, NOT yours.

Exactly!!! And literally all but two artists they posted are new and in their twenties. Like go rewatch Xtina's debut, Stripped, and even Back to Basics eras if you want that. She was young back then and not a mom. Xtina has also stated time and time again that she is not fond of the music industry and its games and honestly, after how she was treated during the Bionic era (and this entire decade) by radio, the media, and even some of her "fans" heck I would be sick of the music industry too. She was ripped to shreds from 2010-2013 by everyone. Why would she want a commercial comeback right now? Just so the same ones who raised her up can tear her back down again like they did to Mariah? She's clearly content with having a stable family life instead which matters much more than any touring receipt, hit, or album sales. Maybe her priorities will change down the line, maybe they won't. And who else from her generation even promotes anymore? Beyonce doesn't do interviews. Britney didn't do much promo for BJ or Glory, P!nk didn't even promote her last album at all, etc.

9 hours ago, Gabe. said:

9 hours ago, Darlin said:

Exactly!!! And literally all but two artists they posted are new and in their twenties. Like go rewatch Xtina's debut, Stripped, and even Back to Basics eras if you want that. She was young back then and not a mom. Xtina has also stated time and time again that she is not fond of the music industry and its games and honestly, after how she was treated during the Bionic era (and this entire decade) by radio, the media, and even some of her "fans" heck I would be sick of the music industry too. She was ripped to shreds from 2010-2013 by everyone. Why would she want a commercial comeback right now? Just so the same ones who raised her up can tear her back down again like they did to Mariah? She's clearly content with having a stable family life instead which matters much more than any touring receipt, hit, or album sales. Maybe her priorities will change down the line, maybe they won't. And who else from her generation even promotes anymore? Beyonce doesn't do interviews. Britney didn't do much promo for BJ or Glory, P!nk didn't even promote her last album at all, etc.

I wouldnt mind Christina being a legacy act for the rest of her career at all... realistically I dont know how sustainable that is for her tho. Celine was in Vegas for a decade and was still selling out shows in Vegas and around the World and Christina couldnt even sell out the first leg of her residency.... If she cant seel out the FIRST leg how do you think her sales will be in 10+ years?

Mariahs peak was 1988-2000 and then she had a resurgance in 2005-2009 Christinas peak was 1999-2007, I just dont think Christina did a good enough job at making her music popular this past decade to be milking it for the rest of her life. As fans we know and love her music but if you look at interviews or live performances she did the past couple of years she constantly has low viewings.  People just dont really care about her. And lets not pretend that its just because she is older because Pink, Beyonce, Britney, Jlo, Mariah and Madonna are doing fine.

I think the main reason she doesnt want to play the music industry game anymore is because she was totally overworked in her prime. And thats fine, I get that. But if she wants to milk her first 3 albums for the rest of her career I dont think that will end well. If you compare her to Britney who had a huge comeback in 2008 and followed it up with a very successful album in 2011 while Christina was doing nothing. Britney has 7 popular albums that she can milk for the rest of her life... Christina has 3. Also Christina is deciding to become a legacy act after being irrelevan for over a decade. Its not the same.

Beyonce is riding a huge popularity wave and doesnt need promo at the moment. She is still selling out stadiums. Britneys career is starting to suffer because of the lack of quality promo. Yeah Pink didnt promote her last album and because of that nobody knows about it.

I dont know why you keep acting like I NEED CHRISINA TO BE SKINNY. I dont. I just need her to get in good enough shape to sing her own songs from beginning to end while moving around a bit. It would also be nice if she would remove those ass implants but whatever.

You dont have to be driven to put out quality promo. She wasted so much time doing interviews where she was constantly saying the same thing when she could have spent all the time she put into radio interviews performing new songs. Instead of singing old songs in a donut shop (i did think that was cute) she could have sang Twice on Kimmel. Every radio interview she did could have been 5 minutes shorter and she could have sang something acoustic. If she doesnt want to promote for a year thats fine but then promote smarter. Do less performances but make those special. when she was on Ellen this year she could have sang a song too. She loves singing and wants to do it as a job so I dont get why doing a couple of promo performances would be an issue if she is allready at the venue.

Like I said before I dont mind her living her life and doing less promo. I was here after a 6 year break and was here after I didnt really LOVE Liberation. Im ok with her having 4 year gaps. I just expet her to put her all into her projects if they only last for 1-2 years and she taks a 2-4 year break after. I mean the first video we got after 6 years of nothing was basically just stuff they recorded for fun at a photoshoot. That doesnt scream passion and love for the project to me.

The only thing I ask is for her to change her performing style because it's horrendous now. In uptempo songs she only sings the high notes and does some vocal runs and on some ballads it feels like she's screaming from her chest. 

The music is good, I don't care about promo cuz I don't even watch it for most of my faves anyway, I'm only here for the music as it should be. 

@COOKIES Lauryn Hill literally released ONE classic album, and she's still managing to tour because of it alone despite being constantly late or cancelling shows.

Xtina will be ok. She hasn't toured in 12 years, do you know how long that is for a pop star? That's a generation gap right there. She can be a touring force again but she needs time to build that. No one becomes an arena or stadium seller straight out of the gate. Not Pink, not Beyonce. And with the insanely positive reviews her Liberation tour received plus Vegas press, that only motivates people who were skeptical to actually go see her, and diehard fans to go back over and over again. And if her Vegas show was doing that bad, it wouldn't have been renewed. Also it's known that pure entertainers (JLo, Britney) tend to do better in Vegas than pure vocalists (Xtina, Mariah) because people mainly go to Vegas to be entertained and see a show with choreo and all, that's why she added choreo in "Dirrty" and stuff

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.