Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

I am so dissapointed in Christina

Recommended Posts

On 9/5/2019 at 12:26 PM, COOKIES said:

no energy wasted. This thread was effortless.

So your basically just bothered that Christina writes/sings songs about loving yourself and spreading a positive message while just living her life, filling her lips because she wants to? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StrippedX said:

So your basically just bothered that Christina writes/sings songs about loving yourself and spreading a positive message while just living her life, filling her lips because she wants to? 

no because she preaches loving yourself for who you are, being happy with yourself and then goes and edits her pictures because she is clearly ashamed of her body and yeah gets plastic surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whew y’all, this was a hard thread to read. Sometimes I feel some sort of way about the work she’s had done, but I could never be so bothered to put it on a thread that I wouldn’t be surprised if someone in her circle sees and mentions to her. She’s a person you know?

I saw her in June for the residency and watched so many of the X-tour performances and it seems like, once she’s comfortable, she’s singing at her best (maybe ever!). Like that ANOM opening from Moscow was WILD. And she’s actually working on new music: 2 soundtracks, 2 albums, and other projects that haven’t been announced yet.

So when I read this thread I can’t help but wonder why we put this level of criticism on her....it seems ruthless for no reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the end of the day, its her choice how she looks. I think the frustration is around the fact that she doesn't need any of the surgery or botox, and she looks worse with it!

I don't feel particularly annoyed with her weight, as again it is her choice. I think what has irked me at times is the choice of what she wears when she is going through a more voluptuous phase. it comes across as trashy and nasty, gimmicks which she doesn't need as she's so unbelievably talented!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2019 at 12:10 AM, CS313 said:

So when I read this thread I can’t help but wonder why we put this level of criticism on her....it seems ruthless for no reason.

 

On 9/11/2019 at 12:45 PM, Bionic-Boy-84 said:

I don't feel particularly annoyed with her weight, as again it is her choice. I think what has irked me at times is the choice of what she wears when she is going through a more voluptuous phase. it comes across as trashy and nasty, gimmicks which she doesn't need as she's so unbelievably talented!

 

this is why her weight bothers me. She is huffing and puffing during faster songs because she is out of shape. I dont believe in ass kissing and only talking about positive things about my faves.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2019 at 6:45 AM, Bionic-Boy-84 said:

At the end of the day, its her choice how she looks. I think the frustration is around the fact that she doesn't need any of the surgery or botox, and she looks worse with it!

I don't feel particularly annoyed with her weight, as again it is her choice. I think what has irked me at times is the choice of what she wears when she is going through a more voluptuous phase. it comes across as trashy and nasty, gimmicks which she doesn't need as she's so unbelievably talented!

  

Yes and YES.

The complaints about her this era are so overblown. Like have some of you forgotten what she looked like during the Lotus era? I'm not talking about her body, but HOW she carried herself. The tacky hair extensions, clownish makeup, clothes, orange tan, etc. All of it aged her and made her look washed up. I LOVE how stripped back the Liberation era was look wise. But to me, peak Xtina will always be B2Btina. Lotus should have been the second Baby Jane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Darlin said:

Yes and YES.

The complaints about her this era are so overblown. Like have some of you forgotten what she looked like during the Lotus era? I'm not talking about her body, but HOW she carried herself. The tacky hair extensions, clownish makeup, clothes, orange tan, etc. All of it aged her and made her look washed up. I LOVE how stripped back the Liberation era was look wise. But to me, peak Xtina will always be B2Btina. Lotus should have been the second Baby Jane.

Yes definitely. I just see her with the fake lips (Lib cover and Accelerate video - hot mess) and think, why did you do that to yourself? The more I go on about it the more I start to sound like other people criticising her. I suppose it’s just a criticism to ALL women who opt for cosmetic surgery who don’t need it. It’s so frustrating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, COOKIES said:

 

this is why her weight bothers me. She is huffing and puffing during faster songs because she is out of shape. I dont believe in ass kissing and only talking about positive things about my faves.

 

 

I had to stop that video at 1:30, Xtina's vocals on the ballads are outstanding currently, but she's really not in shape for songs like fighter and it shows. I do think she's had too much work done too soon. I don't think it's fair to just sit and blast her about her weight and surgery, but i can see why it comes across as very hypocritical. Sadly people expect her to be very active when songs like Candyman, Fighter and Dirty come on and sadly she's unable to delivery. It's not even about her weight, it's more the fact she's clearly unhealthy. Look at Lizzo for example, she's bigger than Xtina but she's able to really preform and is clearly working out. 

 

On 8/28/2019 at 6:55 PM, Gravity said:

And the cheekbones that's one of the procedure I hate the most. She's gonna end up looking like Mariah with all her face being just cheekbones lol3

While there is no doubt Mariah has had filler, we should keep in mind that naturally she has very prominent (as she calls it) "chipmunk cheeks". If you look at older photos of her prior to any cosmetic work you can see her cheeks are quite plump. Another issue is she normally edits her Instagram photos and the editor tends to make her cheeks even more defined. She's also not as skinny.

Spoiler

Related image2019-01-16T155540Z_519470925_RC1EB189D6C

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2019 at 9:23 PM, Darlin said:

Yes and YES.

The complaints about her this era are so overblown. Like have some of you forgotten what she looked like during the Lotus era? I'm not talking about her body, but HOW she carried herself. The tacky hair extensions, clownish makeup, clothes, orange tan, etc. All of it aged her and made her look washed up. I LOVE how stripped back the Liberation era was look wise. But to me, peak Xtina will always be B2Btina. Lotus should have been the second Baby Jane.

So im supposed to shut up about anything negative she does now because it was worse in 2012?? oprah14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, COOKIES said:

So im supposed to shut up about anything negative she does now because it was worse in 2012?? oprah14

When did I say that? What matters most when it comes to Xtina is her voice, and no one can deny she's NAILING the ballads and some of the uptempos. During Lotus, even her performances were messy and not just her looks. She has improved so much so it all boils down to you just wanting her to lose weight and the fillers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Darlin said:

When did I say that? What matters most when it comes to Xtina is her voice, and no one can deny she's NAILING the ballads and some of the uptempos. During Lotus, even her performances were messy and not just her looks. She has improved so much so it all boils down to you just wanting her to lose weight and the fillers

the ballads are the smallest part of her show. When I saw her in Berlin i was shocked at how many songs had the actual CD vocals playing in the background. After 11 years she couldnt get her ass in good enough shape to sing her own songs?? Its disrespecful. I am totally ok with lipsyncin certain notes (candyman note) but playing the actual CD in the background and just wailing over it or letting your backup singers sing for you is too far. And yeah I wish she wasnt fat or ruined her face but If her show was flawless I wouldnt say anything about that.

I mean I think we can agree that the blue songs are the only ones that she is slaying vocally.

  1. Bionic

  2. Your Body

  3. Genie in a Bottle

  4. The Voice Within

  5. Dirrty

  6. Vanity.Express

  7. Lady Marmalade

  8. Can't Hold Us Down

  9. Sick of Sittin'

  10. Maria

  11. Twice

  12. Say Something

  13. Reflection - What a Girl Wants - Come on Over Baby (All I Want Is You)

  14. Ain't No Other Man

  15. Candyman

  16. Accelerate

  17. Feel This Moment

  18. Beautiful

  19. Fighter

  20. Let There Be Love

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

geez i understand where the OP is coming from and this thread started well by bringing up some fair points but then it derailed to some nasty fat phobia yall are guilty for. you'd think she was morbidly obese by the way you're talking about her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gabe. said:

geez i understand where the OP is coming from and this thread started well by bringing up some fair points but then it derailed to some nasty fat phobia yall are guilty for. you'd think she was morbidly obese by the way you're talking about her.

I mean she is performing as if she was... oprah14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow a bunch of white gay bottoms criticizing and analyzing a females body. Mama must be so proud of y’all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

Wow a bunch of white gay bottoms criticizing and analyzing a females body. Mama must be so proud of y’all 

I'm a woman.ari8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2019 at 3:47 PM, COOKIES said:

 

this is why her weight bothers me. She is huffing and puffing during faster songs because she is out of shape. I dont believe in ass kissing and only talking about positive things about my faves.

 

 

I just watched this video and omg how her performing skills have fallen. I'm sorry I lover her but it's the truth. All she does now is walk from one end of the stage to the other, shout 'we say' or 'i hear you' and sings the high notes in the fast songs. The verses and choruses are non existent rip4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gravity said:

I just watched this video and omg how her performing skills have fallen. I'm sorry I lover her but it's the truth. All she does now is walk from one end of the stage to the other, shout 'we say' or 'i hear you' and sings the high notes in the fast songs. The verses and choruses are non existent rip4

Yeah. It's so weird. I have been a fan since 1999 and was ok with the lack of career from 2010-2018 but for some reason now that she is finally back I'm close to being done with her. She has so much potential and I honestly thought that after such a long break she would put her all into her new projects. But instead she stopped promoting her album the day it was released, only gave us 1 proper music video from it, didnt bother to get in shape for her tours and residency and creatively just seems uninspired. I mean just look at all of her intro videos and perfume commercials.. it's just her in different costumes staring dramatically into the camera. Compare that to her past video interludes.. it's like she has no idea what to do. People acting like I just dont like her being fat instead of me hating her new "style" of performing are delusional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, COOKIES said:

Yeah. It's so weird. I have been a fan since 1999 and was ok with the lack of career from 2010-2018 but for some reason now that she is finally back I'm close to being done with her. She has so much potential and I honestly thought that after such a long break she would put her all into her new projects. But instead she stopped promoting her album the day it was released, only gave us 1 proper music video from it, didnt bother to get in shape for her tours and residency and creatively just seems uninspired. I mean just look at all of her intro videos and perfume commercials.. it's just her in different costumes staring dramatically into the camera. Compare that to her past video interludes.. it's like she has no idea what to do. People acting like I just dont like her being fat instead of me hating her new "style" of performing are delusional.

She also developed this habit of touching her dancers a little too much to the point she gets distracted from singing. Like I understand there has to be some dancers interaction but in the past it was well choreographed and timed now it's just her doing whatever, slapping booties and shit all the time on stage like she's not performing on a tour but at a party with her friends. 

This might be a minor thing of her performing but it really bothers me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2019 at 5:41 PM, COOKIES said:

Yeah. It's so weird. I have been a fan since 1999 and was ok with the lack of career from 2010-2018 but for some reason now that she is finally back I'm close to being done with her. She has so much potential and I honestly thought that after such a long break she would put her all into her new projects. But instead she stopped promoting her album the day it was released, only gave us 1 proper music video from it, didnt bother to get in shape for her tours and residency and creatively just seems uninspired. I mean just look at all of her intro videos and perfume commercials.. it's just her in different costumes staring dramatically into the camera. Compare that to her past video interludes.. it's like she has no idea what to do. People acting like I just dont like her being fat instead of me hating her new "style" of performing are delusional.

Since 2018 she has released an album, gone on a North American tour, done a Las Vegas residency, toured Europe, and is about to tour Latin America starting with Mexico. She was also nominated for two GRAMMYs and has a new song coming out this Friday for The Addams Family soundtrack.

It's fine if you feel like you're moving on from her but just don't turn into one of those haters who are ex-stans. She already said she doesn't care if her album flops back in the Liberation era. Yes it's disappointing but the new music is acclaimed and great so who cares?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×