Shawn Mendes Announces "The Shawn Mendes Foundation"

The Shawn Mendes Foundation seeks to inspire Shawn’s audience, the youth generation of today—to learn about those causes that they are passionate about, and help empower them to use the voice they have to bring change to the world by taking action & giving back.

The name and clip choices are a bit... Self-centered for lack of better word? Like I know its a foundation and others are benefitting regardless but it looks contextually like he wants to make his own image look more charitable. Meanwhile Gaga, for example, literally isn't the face of the Born This Way Foundation and seemingly avoids referring to herself as the owner rather than a collaborator. Idk, just a thought! moo10

36 minutes ago, Venom said:

The name and clip choices are a bit... Self-centered for lack of better word? Like I know its a foundation and others are benefitting regardless but it looks contextually like he wants to make his own image look more charitable. Meanwhile Gaga, for example, literally isn't the face of the Born This Way Foundation and seemingly avoids referring to herself as the owner rather than a collaborator. Idk, just a thought! moo10

I mean there are tons of examples of foundations that do a lot of good named purely after the founder. I don't think that this is something for his image, he's been spreading this message for 5 years now, this isn't a new thing for him. 

all this coming right after his past messy tweets surfaced? talk about timing! shock1

What kind of vague, half-hearted PR stunt? katy2