Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Ariana

Best videography: Kylie, Madonna, or Mariah?

Best videography  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Best videography

• Kylie
    • Madonna
    • Mariah

5 hours ago, Chris Morlock said:

Just because something is iconic doesn't make it better visually lol3

And just because you choose to remain ignorant towards Kylie and her career (probably due to your lack of Google usage?) doesn’t mean her videography isn’t better than Mariah’s. Which it is btw, by miles.

Mariah didnt even need music videos tbh. Her best known songs have live performances as music videos, Hero, Without You, I'll be there etc.

She is the only artist in hot 100 history to have a live performance recording at No 1. The talent.

Can't believe this is even a question.

Kylie and Mariah might have some nice videos here and there but Madonna videos were genuine cultural events. She had more iconic videos in 1989 than the other two have in their whole careers.

1 hour ago, Nezha said:

Madonna. Her videography between 1983 and 1999 beats the pants off most other artists. However, her video output in the 2000s was rather patchy, and grew even worse in the 2010s.

American Life in 2003 got some of Madonna's best videos of her career tho coffee1

This is such an unfair poll dead2 Madonna wins beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Kylie has some pretty great videos, too. Solid pop videos. Mostly from the 90s onwards, but it's just a handful. 

Mariah is slim pickings. Her videos got better in the 2000s, but there's still less than 10 that are truly great... 

On 8/30/2019 at 9:15 AM, FMKK said:

Can't believe this is even a question.

Kylie and Mariah might have some nice videos here and there but Madonna videos were genuine cultural events. She had more iconic videos in 1989 than the other two have in their whole careers.

Internationally, Madonna wins hands down, but locally (such as in the UK) I think Kylie had her moments.

Mariah's videos seem to revolve around her trying to be sexy in various positions and ugly outfits. At least K and M had concepts and iconic looks at times.

2 hours ago, Modern Woman said:

Internationally, Madonna wins hands down, but locally (such as in the UK) I think Kylie had her moments.

Mariah's videos seem to revolve around her trying to be sexy in various positions and ugly outfits. At least K and M had concepts and iconic looks at times.

No Kylie video in the UK has been as big as the biggest Madonna videos. Don't forget that Madonna is huge over here too.

The biggest Kylie video in terms of iconic imagery is probably Can't Get You Out Of My Head but that's still nothing on Like A Prayer or maybe even Hung Up.

2 hours ago, FMKK said:

No Kylie video in the UK has been as big as the biggest Madonna videos. Don't forget that Madonna is huge over here too.

The biggest Kylie video in terms of iconic imagery is probably Can't Get You Out Of My Head but that's still nothing on Like A Prayer or maybe even Hung Up.

lol3 You have a point with LAP but Hung Up? Cis ! That wasn't a great video, she just served a pink leotard. By that token, it's on a par with Spinning Around.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.