Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Ghostface

Big Brother: Lover

Time to greet songs that managed to get to the top 3 of the game. Congratulations!

Lover

The Man

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

I must have done terrible things either in this or past life considering @Freaky Prince's song managed to get this far thus me being at the receiving end of his numerous snarky, acidic one-liners' attacks. jj2

80Vlg5v.gif

It could have been worse though. jj2

From this point of view, had @Daenerys voted against Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince, that would have given it 2 negative votes resulting in the 4th placement overall, but considering mentioned song didn't get any votes for being evicted, it means that Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince is our first ( super ) finalist ( passive component of his role this time ) of the game and some sort of the next HoH ( jj5 ) in the penultimate ROUND SIXTEEN

Remember those pre-round nomination cycles where groups and pairs of remaining songs where created in order for us to get next nominees for specific match-ups? So do I. jj2

This time around, these three last standing songs will result in three rather obvious pairs, so no one will have to create them:

1. Lover + The Man 
  2. Lover + Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince
  3. The Man + Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

Pairs are indeed marked as #1, #2 and #3, but make no mistake thinking that those numbers reveal which pair is which ( randomizer has been already used to determine this ). In order to decide which song will be facing Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince in the final, our last three players will have just to state either pair #1, pair #2 or pair #3 in this thread. Important information:

• if @Hyun. picks pair without his song - Lover, that means Lover will be placed the 3rd pushing The Man to the final round in the process;
  • if @Daenerys picks pair without his song - The Man, that means The Man will be placed the 3rd pushing Lover to the final round in the process;
  • if @Freaky Prince picks pair with either Lover or The Man, that would mean that other song in his chosen pair will be his rival in the final round for the first place;
  • if @Freaky Prince picks Lover + The Man pair, that means he can either decide which of the two he wants to evict and which one to save for the final showdown OR he can even choose to take both of them to the final in which case we will have trio of songs competing for the first place and eventually the second and the third place ( active component of his role in this round ). jj5

Fun fact: Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince is the 7th song on the album while Lover being the 3rd and The Man the 4th ---> 3 + 4 = 7. jj2 Synapses are colliding at the moment. jj5

So, please everyone left, state which pair you pick: #1, #2 or #3.

Well, starting this with sending thanks to our 3 last standing members in the game for picking their respective pairs. Interesting enough, everyone picked different pair, so each pair took one vote from each one of them. Lets reveal how this will affect ongoing ROUND SIXTEEN. We should first see which songs formed which pair. 

Pair #1

Spoiler

Lover + The Man

Pair #2

Spoiler

The Man + Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

Pair #3 

Spoiler

Lover + Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince 

@Hyun. voted first by picking pair #3 making Lover

Spoiler

safe at the moment.

@Daenerys voted last and picked pair #2 making The Man

Spoiler

safe at the moment.

@Freaky Prince decided to choose pair 1. 

Recalling one of the bullets for this round previosuly noted:

• if @Freaky Prince picks Lover + The Man pair, that means he can either decide which of the two he wants to evict and which one to save for the final showdown OR he can even choose to take both of them to the final in which case we will have trio of songs competing for the first place and eventually the second and the third place ( active component of his role in this round ).

So, since both Hyun. and Daenerys picked pairs that contained their songs while also containing Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince ( which was marked as saving grace for pairs it was part of since it is our first super-finalist ), now Freaky Prince has to decide will he include both Lover and The Man in the final round which would mean they all would compete for the first place or he will decide to off one song and save another. Send me your desicison via PM and lets see in which way we will be concluding this penultimate round.

Time to definitely close penultimate round of the game. 

While this particular design of the already-past round now could have gone into multiple directions, we still got more traditional situation on our hands where Miss Americana & The @Freaky Prince eventually came down to be standard HoH deciding between two songs. Of course, it is worth of mention, he could choose to evict either Lover or The Man OR even save both of them for the final round, so that actually gave his HoH position a little bit of modification. jj2 When all was said and done, he decided to:

Spoiler

vote Lover off

meaning The Man progressed to the grand final where it will be facing Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince in a battle for the first place. @Hyun. thank you for being here this whole time, participating, being active and all around engaged. Congratualtions on rounding top 3 with Lover. Final is nearly here, so we count on your support and presence. jj2

Will be back soon enough. jj2

giphy.gif

Almost 30 days after this game started, we finally managed to get through and enter the ROUND SEVENTEEN/THE GRAND FINAL of it all. Before we get to the concrete part of this round itself, first let me thank each and every member for deciding to give this a shot and play. I hope you liked and appreciated the way it was executed even though I do know that all those turn-outs and twists were sometimes too much ( I would list which members wanted me to burn at the stake because of that, but that would require to list almost everyone jj5 ), but I hope they showed themselves as a way for people to be more interested in the game while playing. I definitely had fun scripting, presenting and watching how everything unfolds with each round ( especially all those pre-round nomination cylces ), so there is hope everyone shares at least bit of that sentiment. jj2

Now, as you are or will be aware, we have our two super-finalists that will compete for the victory and the second place in the process. Those two songs are:

The Man and Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince 

But before all other 16 ex-players come here and cast their votes, I need to add that all of them will serve purpose of both general public and some sort of electoral college. jj2 That means that all members with already evicted songs will also necessarily deliver certain number of points with their vote to either of these two songs competing right now. How these points are determined? Points are determined by going with number of round each of the evicted songs got voted off. To be clear enough, here is the complete list of all evicted songs and number of points they carry:

• ME! - 1 point;
  • Soon You'll Get Better - 2 points;
  • I Forgot That You Existed - 3 points;
  • You Need To Calm Down - 4 points;
  • It's Nice To Have A Friend - 5 points;
  • I Think He Knows - 6 points;
  • London Boy - 7 points;
  • Death By A Thousand Cuts - 8 points;
  • Paper Rings - 9 points;
  • Cruel Summer - 10 points;
  • Afterglow - 11 points;
  • The Archer - 12 points;
  • Daylight - 13 points;
  • False God - 14 points;
  • Cornelia Street - 15 points;
  • Lover - 16 points.

So, for example: if member that represents It's Nice To Have A Friend gives his vote to The Man, that means The Man earns 5 points.

Of course, it is also important to note that other deciding factor will also be to note which song will collect majority of the members' votes, which is the usual traditional role in the final round in these games. That could possibly leave space to have two winners from different angles, but also maybe even a consolation prize.

To be completely honest, this whole method was designed to be the case with three songs competing in the final and in case there are 8 votes for each of the songs, which would make it a tie, so yeah. jj2

Also, worth to mention other crucial part even though you are probably familiar with that: now you vote for the song you want to WIN!

@Daenerys and @Freaky Prince can relax and chill, considering you two are not voting. Good luck!

One more thing, @Liam left, I don't see @fab around and @millitanthomo also doesn't seem visible, so I will have to ask @attitude, @Madame X and @Lachlan to help us around if those three don't show up and cast their votes. If that turns out to be the case, you will choose which of their songs you would like to represent or the randomizer will take care of that. Thanks in advance. jj2

giphy.gif 

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.