Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Holiest Dreams

Lover debuts at #1 with 867K units (Billboard)

I was thinking it would be up to 800k or 850k at maximum, so this is even better outcome. jj2

Also, considering digital sales went down for over 40 % since reputation ( if I am not mistaken ) and physical sales are also facing continuous decline, this is great. 

1 hour ago, Darth Sidious said:

A 400,000 drop and she’s still nearly at a million, it’ll be platinum next week. 

it's platinum this week because of the pre-release TEA/SEA from songs before the release week. as HDD said it's about 1.1-1.2m RTD when including that.

But then you factor in that certs also include album shipments and Taylor is one of the few who will have a lot of those, so actually it's probably closer to 2xP than just Platinum on week 1. Really impressive. 

1 hour ago, DW said:

I thought her fans bought all 4 deluxe editions and box sets?

Her fanbase got smaller cry5

No it didn’t dead2 her fanbase DID buy all the deluxe editions, her physicals are the same (or better?) as they were last era despite how they’re literally getting phased out for other artists  

The decline in pure sales is solely attributed to music sales dying. She sold a shitload of albums on iTunes for 1989/Reputation but iTunes is fully dead now so she didn’t sell that many there (though she outsold everyone else). Plus it was on every streaming platform upon release and gathered the second largest streaming debut for a woman ever, you win some you lose some jj2 

55 minutes ago, Lover said:

No it didn’t dead2 her fanbase DID buy all the deluxe editions, her physicals are the same (or better?) as they were last era despite how they’re literally getting phased out for other artists  

The decline in pure sales is solely attributed to music sales dying. She sold a shitload of albums on iTunes for 1989/Reputation but iTunes is fully dead now so she didn’t sell that many there (though she outsold everyone else). Plus it was on every streaming platform upon release and gathered the second largest streaming debut for a woman ever, you win some you lose some jj2 

I thought she was always the strongest in physical sales. If the same fanbase bought it and all 4 editions her numbers should've been 4x of what rep made.

25 minutes ago, DW said:

I thought she was always the strongest in physical sales. If the same fanbase bought it and all 4 editions her numbers should've been 4x of what rep made.

Girl, buying 5 editions of an album is a waste of money. 

The numbers declined, but they are still impressive. We wish our faves "flop" like this.

32 minutes ago, DW said:

She... is? rip3 and it doesn’t work like that lol, most fans aren’t gonna buy all versions

Tell me who else is pulling these physical numbers besides Adele, especially 13 years into their careers. I’ll wait. None of the other girls can crack 1/4th of these pure sales numbers (and only Ariana outdid her streaming #s) so I fail to see why you’re getting so brave.

I didn't said her numbers were bad but I see a lot of pictures where her fans have all 6 editions, so I thought she would be 1M+ by physical editions alone. Rep had 3 editions and her fans bought all 3 so she would do the double number this time. That means either her fanbase got smaller or they don't buy all editions anymore.

5 hours ago, DW said:

I didn't said her numbers were bad but I see a lot of pictures where her fans have all 6 editions, so I thought she would be 1M+ by physical editions alone. Rep had 3 editions and her fans bought all 3 so she would do the double number this time. That means either her fanbase got smaller or they don't buy all editions anymore.

There was only 4 deluxe editions, hun.

Just now, DW said:

Because everyone is saying she has a huge fanbase but it would show that the GP is actually buying her album.

I- gag1 Why is it that always some Katy stan is wayyy too interested in Tay's business gag1

Sis, she almost sold a million first week again after the market decline of physical and digital sales, also let's keep in mind that she's doing all of this while publicly supporting the lgbtq+ community and being a democrat, meaning she definitely lost some fans/gp support. Not everyone is gonna buy all versions, not everyone has that kind of money to splurge. I only ever bought one version, there's no worth in buying everything.

32 minutes ago, Arya said:

I- gag1 Why is it that always some Katy stan is wayyy too interested in Tay's business gag1

Sis, she almost sold a million first week again after the market decline of physical and digital sales, also let's keep in mind that she's doing all of this while publicly supporting the lgbtq+ community and being a democrat, meaning she definitely lost some fans/gp support. Not everyone is gonna buy all versions, not everyone has that kind of money to splurge. I only ever bought one version, there's no worth in buying everything.

Stop with the excuses for this non-million, flop chick Tay. gag1

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.