Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Liam

FKA twigs covers i-D

1567069514211-i_D_357_COVER_TWIGS.jpeg?r 

"Cellophane" is taken from Twigs’s second, long-awaited album, Magdalene, which she’s currently gearing up to release via Young Turks this fall. Fans who attended her mindblowing theatre tour of the same name this summer will already be familiar with the record’s vulnerability. In her show, Twigs is an all-powerful being who navigates an hour and a half of pole, tap, swordplay and earth-shattering vocal performance in a series of extravagant Ed Marler-designed costumes. It’s exhausting just watching. “Fifteen minutes before each show I’d be like, ‘I can’t do it. The pole… the tap dancing… no one gets it. What if I fall off the pole? I’ve thought about it and it’s too hard! I’ve over-extended myself! I wasn’t in my right mind! How could you let me make these decisions?’” If she was some manufactured pop act, she reasons, she would’ve at least had someone to blame. But this was her idea. It was her fault. “It’s fun afterwards though,” she adds, laughing. “I come off like, ‘That was great guys! I wish I could do another one!’”

full interview here

source.gif 

FUCK YES!!! WE ARE GETTING AN ALBUM

THIS YEAR!!! bebe1 

“The record is about every lover that I’ve ever had, and every lover that I’m going to have,” Twigs said in the interview. “It’s really fragile. I made it at a time when I was in recovery – physically and emotionally – and I think that comes through.”

One of the songs, “Holy Terrain,” has a guest verse from Future. Twigs went into how the collaboration came about in the interview:

I wasn’t sure whether he would even know who I am. I was like, ‘Hi, it’s Twigs. Let me know if you wanna talk about music or anything.’ He texted back right away and I was like… ‘Oh my god, he’s just messaged me back!’ He’s such a sweetheart. I sent him the album and I called him up and was like, ‘Listen, Future… this is what my album’s about. It’s a really empowering, sensitive record, with a lot of feminine energy, and this song is probably the most fun track on it, but I still need lyrical content.’ And he said, ‘Okay, I’ve got it’. And his verse is beautiful. He’s just talking about his downfalls as a man; how he’s sorry and asking for healing. I love sad Future. I love when he gets emo, when he expresses himself. It’s just so beautiful when he opens up.

Suddenly I don’t want it gag1 

3 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

FUCK YES!!! WE ARE GETTING AN ALBUM

THIS YEAR!!! bebe1 

“The record is about every lover that I’ve ever had, and every lover that I’m going to have,” Twigs said in the interview. “It’s really fragile. I made it at a time when I was in recovery – physically and emotionally – and I think that comes through.”

One of the songs, “Holy Terrain,” has a guest verse from Future. Twigs went into how the collaboration came about in the interview:

I wasn’t sure whether he would even know who I am. I was like, ‘Hi, it’s Twigs. Let me know if you wanna talk about music or anything.’ He texted back right away and I was like… ‘Oh my god, he’s just messaged me back!’ He’s such a sweetheart. I sent him the album and I called him up and was like, ‘Listen, Future… this is what my album’s about. It’s a really empowering, sensitive record, with a lot of feminine energy, and this song is probably the most fun track on it, but I still need lyrical content.’ And he said, ‘Okay, I’ve got it’. And his verse is beautiful. He’s just talking about his downfalls as a man; how he’s sorry and asking for healing. I love sad Future. I love when he gets emo, when he expresses himself. It’s just so beautiful when he opens up.

Suddenly I don’t want it gag1 

this f*cking photoshoot tho

1567007332183-ID_FKA_TWIGS_01CAM_B_506.jpeg?resize=1575:* 

1 minute ago, Urbanov said:

It slaps but just the very thought of her collaborating with Future already ruins the album for me dead2 

"dark, sexy, witchy trap tune" lol well guess we will see mad5 

37 minutes ago, Hunty Bear said:

I'm SO fucking ready and I can't believe it really is on the verge of release ... it feels so surreal bebe1 this really is 2014 all over again bebe1

all we need is Sky to finally release Masochist bebe1 not happening bebe1 

4 hours ago, Hunty Bear said:

I'm SO fucking ready and I can't believe it really is on the verge of release ... it feels so surreal bebe1 this really is 2014 all over again bebe1

This post sums everything up bebe1 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.