Sign in to follow this  

What does kesha mean to you

idrk    366

I haven't seen a thread on this or found one and thought it would be interesting to hear yall stories and journeys with her but one thing most people in kesha section have in common is their love for kesha. she's probably on most yall stan lists here but why what does she mean to you and why does she stand out to you? 

personally I only have 2 stanss and for someone to be one of my stans their music and messages have to actually help me through hard times and kesha is obviously one of them I literally grew up with her and through everything her music was always there to help me cope whether it be airplane anxiety, losing a friend being in a shitty friendship just generally having a shitty day from day ive been a fan since I was 9 or 10 (literally the first person I came fan o) and from the first day of life getting serious she has literally always been there her musics so uplifting and alot of her music can connect with you and get raw  and uplift you and her sheer amount of songs whether it be released or unreleased with every genre really there are songs for any mood any time anywhere so thats really special to me. just something aboutb her music idk whether its because ive been listening to her since even before my tens it just reminds me of a lighter freer time or just pop music and the feeling it gives off it just helps and lifts me out the dump I can just look back at the highs and the lows and all the changes in my life and the one thing that never left or changed was her music always beeing there sooo thats why im a fan ig I obviously left alotout I can't summarise my journey since 2011 ish in one paragraph but yesbebe1

what about yallkaty8

TomTom    8,261

Me reading that second paragraph without a single period 

giphy.gif

idrk    366
15 minutes ago, TomTom said:

Me reading that second paragraph without a single period 

giphy.gif

omg not one?

.bebe1

TomTom    8,261
Just now, idrk said:

omg not one?

.bebe1

No fall1

idrk    366
1 minute ago, Chris Morlock said:

I only saw one comma. nicki5

progressari9

Dan    13,996

Well, so I liked TiK ToK and then I would say I became a fan around when Take It Off released. I really didn't connect immediately to any song on the first album though, I just thought she had some great party bops, but I'd say I became a "stan" around when Warrior released. That's when I was early in high school and dealing with coming out, and all the shit that comes alongside that. That's when I really became a fan of hers, because I would watch so many interviews with her and her message really helped me. Then I went back and really, really connected to the song Animal. It really helped because that's when I came out to my parents and that was a disaster, so her music helped me through it at that point. About when Rainbow came out too was when I came out to my grandparents/rest of the family, so Rainbow helped so much with that. 

It just always feels like she releases music when I need it, and I love her message. She also seems like somebody you could be friends with kesha9 

Andrew!    12,454

To me, and I know this is weird, but she doesn’t even feel like a celebrity.  At first I did think of her as the ultimate celeb. A goddess. The best artist in music, etc... but as I grew up and watched her go through struggles and grow, I now don’t think of her that way. To me, Kesha is a best friend. And I understand why that sounds delusional and psychiatric-ward level idiocy, but it’s true. After almost 10 years of knowing her I’ve learned a lot about her and I know what she’s like (from obsessive stanning since I was 10 ) and I know the kind of person she is. Yes, I know we as fans can only know so much because we are just that, the public. But she comes off as so genuine. I know, in my heart, that she doesn’t treat her animals as fans or just obsessed gays; she loves us. And I truly believe that. 

So tl:dr minus the dramatics, Kesha feels like a best friend to me. ❤️

Spoiler

Also, I wonder at times if she still has the watch, bandana, and note I gave her 5 years ago... ❤️ I hope to see her again someday. 

Chris Morlock    43,966
41 minutes ago, Andrew! said:

To me, and I know this is weird, but she doesn’t even feel like a celebrity.  At first I did think of her as the ultimate celeb. A goddess. The best artist in music, etc... but as I grew up and watched her go through struggles and grow, I now don’t think of her that way. To me, Kesha is a best friend. And I understand why that sounds delusional and psychiatric-ward level idiocy, but it’s true. After almost 10 years of knowing her I’ve a lot about her and I know what she’s like (from obsessive stanning since I was 10 ) and I know the kind of person she is. Yes, I know we as fans can only know so much because we are just that, the public. But she comes off as so genuine. I know, in my heart, that she doesn’t treat her animals as fans or just obsessed gays; she loves us. And I truly believe that. 

So tl:dr minus the dramatics, Kesha feels like a best friend to me. ❤️

Reveal hidden contents

Also, I wonder at times if she still has the watch, bandana, and note I gave her 5 years ago... ❤️ I hope to see her again someday. 

this is so cute kesha9 

LuranusLur    3,983

I like music forever but i did not know much of the popartists but music always is good when I am sad or lonely if i dont have many friends sometimes but I always liked animals to because they are always friends because it is hard for me to understand things sometimes but even if peple don’t animals help me  

and kesha helps animals a lot. And even if there is bullys or I am alone alot I listen to kesha now. 

Sheezus    8,530
  • Loving
  • Funny
  • Talented
  • Honest
  • Creative
  • Well educated on history
  • Well educated on social issues
  • Vegetarian
  • Clearly a progressive (see, RWSM)
  • An activist
  • Challenges female pop star expectations all the time
  • Tries to be herself all the time
  • Puts her neck out for justice at her own expense
  • She kept her integrity when the #MeToo movement brushed her aside
  • Great to her fans
  • Hard working (tour, tour, tour, tour, cruise, cruise, album, soundtracks, features, film)
  • Consistant
  • etc...

Recycled stardust    1,218
7 hours ago, Sheezus said:
  • Hard working (tour, tour, tour, tour, cruise, cruise, album, soundtracks, features, film)

Wait a second cheryl1

What do you know more than us cheryl1

I'm still at tour (no europe), cruise, cruise and nothing more moo1

Dan    13,996
8 hours ago, Sheezus said:
  • Loving
  • Funny
  • Talented
  • Honest
  • Creative
  • Well educated on history
  • Well educated on social issues
  • Vegetarian
  • Clearly a progressive (see, RWSM)
  • An activist
  • Challenges female pop star expectations all the time
  • Tries to be herself all the time
  • Puts her neck out for justice at her own expense
  • She kept her integrity when the #MeToo movement brushed her aside
  • Great to her fans
  • Consistant
  • etc...

I love the gif in your profile ny5 

Chris Morlock    43,966
4 hours ago, Recycled stardust said:

Wait a second cheryl1

What do you know more than us cheryl1

I'm still at tour (no europe), cruise, cruise and nothing more moo1

Rainbow, On the Basis of Sex, Body Talks/Good Old Days, mad1 

Recycled stardust    1,218
7 hours ago, Chris Morlock said:

Rainbow, On the Basis of Sex, Body Talks/Good Old Days, mad1