Sign in to follow this  

"13 Reasons Why" Star might play Prince Eric

Mikey Likey    1,330
2 hours ago, Madonna said:

Yes, it does matter. Especially because there already is diversity among the Disney Princesses.

Mulan - Asian

Pocahontas - Native American

Moana - Hawaiian

Jasmine - Arab

Tiana - African American

Ariel was the only ginger Princess, actually. What about the ginger girls that won't be able to identify with any of the Princesses? 

image.png.8a64c57fad84ee6144be2ace7ed54a58.png

The princess from Brave is a ginger. Merida or whatever her name is. They have her still. Also they have the old little mermaid as a ginger  🧜‍♀️ 

LittleDudeNT5    4,764
On 9/4/2019 at 9:06 AM, Madonna said:

I'm already not going to watch this movie even though I was very excited for it.

The reason not being that the cast is racially diverse. My problem is that I want a 1-1 live action of the original and I do want the live action version and its cast to look like the original cast. I'm sure the people they cast are going to do a wonderful job and all but it frustrates me that NOW they think they have to make the cast as diverse as possible when the fucking fairytale plays in Denmark 1873. It's so forced and then they had the audacity to cast white people in roles that were originally Asian, Arab or whatever. LET THE LIVE-ACTION VERSIONS STAY TRUE TO THE ORIGINAL FOR FUCKS SAKE.

Why tho? This is so unoriginal and is totally bogging down any creativity coming out of Disney at the moment. They're using nostalgia to drain everyone's pockets, and it's working. Why bother with a live action telling of the story if it's just going to be a step for step remake? Why not just watch the animated film? um2 At least her being black is somewhat different, despite the fact that it'll still be a beat-for-beat, soulless romp of the original. I just don't understand why audiences are not only eating this shit up but begging for them to be a complete live-action retelling. Like, what the hell is this?:

Spoiler

fwm2s2z0ma121.jpg

Like, the only thing going for TLK remake was that they were trying an interesting visual change. Why make it look more like the original when you can just watch the original. The only interesting things about these live action remakes are the visual changes.

This is less about your arguments about her being black and it being different from the original, and more about trying to understand why you want a live-action remake if it's only going to be the exact same thing except with real people and shitty CGI?

Madonna    39,404
4 minutes ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Why tho? This is so unoriginal and is totally bogging down any creativity coming out of Disney at the moment. They're using nostalgia to drain everyone's pockets, and it's working. Why bother with a live action telling of the story if it's just going to be a step for step remake? Why not just watch the animated film? um2 At least her being black is somewhat different, despite the fact that it'll still be a beat-for-beat, soulless romp of the original. I just don't understand why audiences are not only eating this shit up but begging for them to be a complete live-action retelling. Like, what the hell is this?:

Reveal hidden contents

fwm2s2z0ma121.jpg

Like, the only thing going for TLK remake was that they were trying an interesting visual change. Why make it look more like the original when you can just watch the original. The only interesting things about these live action remakes are the visual changes.

This is less about your arguments about her being black and it being different from the original, and more about trying to understand why you want a live-action remake if it's only going to be the exact same thing except with real people and shitty CGI?

If you think it's boring, then that's your opinion. The Little Mermaid is one of my favourite Disney movies and I wanted it to be close to the original with characters that resemble the ones from the cartoon. I'm not here for them starting to shoehorn brown people into this film because they needed a gimmick to sell it.

Ariana    2,464
2 hours ago, ParentalAdvisory said:

for a Twist they should make Prince Eric gay and falling in love with Arielles Daddy 

Bildergebnis für prince eric gay

a MEN.com special kylie6

That pocket sized puerto rican on 13RW that nobody asked for? I don't think so

giphy.gif

if they wan't a brown Prince Eric they better cast papito Jordan Fisher giveup1

jordan-tout.jpg

otherwise I want Timothée Chalabaé or I'll riot 

Timothee-Chalamet-05.jpg

2fb7eac716ae8fbae06d56c083a2632f.jpg

I would sacrifice my voice and soul for you any day Timmy gaga7

Moonlight    1,424

I was expecting Brandon Flynn or even Dylan Minnette bc we know he can sing fall1 (not sure if Brandon Flynn sings though)

Does the guy who plays Tony sing?

On 9/4/2019 at 2:37 PM, Madonna said:

She ain't black. That's the thing. Why cast an actress that looks absolutely nothing like her for that role? I also wasn't a fan of Elle Fanning being cast in Maleficent cause she looked NOTHING like the cartoon character of Aurora. The race isn't the problem here. It's the fact that they try to put unnecessary twists to a simple live-action version of a cartoon.

I get what you're saying but maybe their vision isn't to have it EXACTLY like the original. Maybe it's meant to be set in 1987 in Cape Town? who knows. An exact replica would be a little boring tbh. Keep in mind the Disney cartoon did change a whole hell of a lot for their version, including the princess not dying at the end of the film.