Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

LetoyaLuckettStan

Male artists that OUTDO popgirls?

Male artists don’t push the envelope at all. Their careers revolve around memes and social media.

Sam Smith is somewhat stepping in the right direction. Lil Nas X is cute for now but he’s definitely a label puppet and the product of

a team. Bruno I feel like is just copying old ideas from the 70-90 not actually

offering anything new...

24 minutes ago, sofia said:

Kanye West, Frank Ocean & Kid Cudi.

11 minutes ago, Madame X said:

The OP is talking about performances creativity or overall creativity? Cause musically i find interesting Kendrick Lamar's music sometimes, don't @ me, thank you xx.

nicki5

You both made some points. Kanye before the kardashians >>>

Eminem

Kanye West

Kendrick Lamar

Drake

Bruno Mars

Ed Sheeran

Maroon 5

Frank Ocean

Sam Smith

Pharrell

Justin Bieber

Post Malone

Calvin Harris

to list a few male artists who have had huge hits and big followings in the recent past. brit10 

4 hours ago, ShutUpRae said:

Modern male artist? Practically none

Oldschool? Prince, MJ, Bowie  outdid most artist regardless of gender

But then again most modern female artist ain't shit either so 

But i think the problem is male artist arent' allowed to perform as expressive as females are without

accusations towards their sexuality or masculinity

Referring to the last line, that’s true but sometimes you shouldn’t give AF 

3 hours ago, Infrared said:

Male artists don’t push the envelope at all. Their careers revolve around memes and social media.

Sam Smith is somewhat stepping in the right direction. Lil Nas X is cute for now but he’s definitely a label puppet and the product of

a team. Bruno I feel like is just copying old ideas from the 70-90 not actually

offering anything new...

Lil nas x isn’t even to be taken seriously as an artist. A lot of mainstream men don’t push the envelope but I’ve realized it’s because of themselves....granted it may be hard, but that’s where the true creativity comes in because you don’t always have to be “flamboyant” either 

5 hours ago, ShutUpRae said:

But i think the problem is male artist arent' allowed to perform as expressive as females are without accusations towards their sexuality or masculinity

wat3 

57 minutes ago, ShutUpRae said:

Did i lie? ari9  All the greatest male performers people accuse them of being gay (Mj, Prince, boybands etc.) because they put too much energy into their performances and videos

“Accuse of being gay” like is that a bad thing? People have to get rid of that thinking, this is the biggest problem. Robin Thicke has huge feminine energy (have you ever seen him performing? Just look at the way he dance) but to be fair I’ve never seen anyone saying he’s gay.

2 hours ago, Urbanov said:

“Accuse of being gay” like is that a bad thing? People have to get rid of that thinking, this is the biggest problem. Robin Thicke has huge feminine energy (have you ever seen him performing? Just look at the way he dance) but to be fair I’ve never seen anyone saying he’s gay.

It is a bad thing personally to some people, if you're straight you wouldn't want people assuming your sexuality. The problem is association being feminine with being gay.  Doesn't mean they think being gay is bad

3 hours ago, ShutUpRae said:

It is a bad thing personally to some people, if you're straight you wouldn't want people assuming your sexuality. The problem is association being feminine with being gay.  Doesn't mean they think being gay is bad

People shouldnt assume sexuality in the first place cause it’s not their fucking business with who are you going to bed dead1 

20 hours ago, Infrared said:

You both made some points. Kanye before the kardashians >>>

This lol3 I was thinking just yesterday that Kanye used to be likeable. He was still arrogant, but there was a certain charm about it. I was trying to put my finger on why that changed and I think you nailed it on the head.

21 hours ago, ShutUpRae said:

But i think the problem is male artist arent' allowed to perform as expressive as females are without

accusations towards their sexuality or masculinity

The truth

stepped out gaycat1

Even the gays sometimes feel they need to hold back (Sam Smith) to be successful. The tide is slowly turning though.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.