Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Holiest Dreams

ME! vs YNTCD vs The Archer vs Lover

Favorite Single / Video  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite single?

• ME!
    • You Need To Calm Down
    • The Archer
    • Lover
  2. 2. Favorite music video?

I connect with the Archer the most - both sonically and lyrically. It has really nostalgic, heartfelt vibe and I get back to it a lot.

Lover is more classical in tone and that's the thing I appreciate the most about it. ( Well lyrics of coruse, especially bridge jj5 ). Also, I like the way she signs and expresses certain words ( e. g. dear, true to my lover, etc. )

You Need To Calm Down is loud and bouncy. Bumping, sublte beats and cathcy melody in combination with nicely put pre-choruses and explosive choruses ( which are bit lazy though ) make for a nice dancey listen/ride.

And ME! Well, I know it is usually panned, especially among fans, but I can't help, but appreciate the melody. It is so anthemic, festive and puts me in a positive mood instantly. Yet again, chorus seems lazily done, but I think verses are deep-down Taylor as we know her. Especially her verse. It seems she made them be more... simplistic. Also, bridge/outro are not her best lyrics ever and a bit tedious, but they are still ( painfully ) infectious to a certain extent. 

Regarding videos, ME! dominates of course. It's a basically movie or trailer for the movie. Visual effects, cinematography, details, costumes, settings. 

You Need To Calm Down is all flashy and colorful as well, but the minimalist settings and vibe of Lover's video can easily compete with YNYCD's aesthetics and star-studded cast ( which is why I also love that one. It's like Light Bad Blood with positive messages and lots of love/fun ). Also, Lover is like all around the oldest Taylor ever both regarding song and the visuals. jj2

Songs: Lover > The Archer = You Need To Calm Down >>>>> ME!

The Archer truly really HIT recently, but YNTCD has been a fave for months so.

Video: Lover > YNTCD > ME!

YNTCD would have been my fave, but it had so much going on.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.