Sign in to follow this  

Have you ever heard someone boo in person?

If you like piña coladas  

12 members have voted

1. 1. and getting caught in the rain

• I have seen people booing
    • I have never seen people booing
    • I've booed people myself

Self explanatory title. I've never seen anybody get booed, and I think booing in itself is really just saying that whatever you're seeing is absolute garbage rip2 It would really be potentially knee-capping someone's confidence if it was a performance or anything like that rip4 

No — but now that I think about it, generally, I suspect that people don’t do it because it’s kind of an asshole thing to do 99.9% of the time. 

Yes, a politician here who was accused of sexual harassment spoke at my college graduation and got half clapped, half booed. I didn't realize who he was at first and started clapping and then I realized and instantly stopped. rip4

I don't think I've seen anyone boo a speaker antagonistically but I have seen people boo in agreement with a speaker, if that makes sense jj2 

5 minutes ago, Hunty Bear said:

I don't think I've seen anyone boo a speaker antagonistically but I have seen people boo in agreement with a speaker, if that makes sense jj2 

I...think so? Like, maybe there's a speaker at a strike meeting and he's getting the crowd riled up like "And they refuse to give us any more than a 7% raise! Are we gonna take that?" and then they go "No! Booooo...". Like that? dead2 

Just now, Dennis Reynolds said:

I...think so? Like, maybe there's a speaker at a strike meeting and he's getting the crowd riled up like "And they refuse to give us any more than a 7% raise! Are we gonna take that?" and then they go "No! Booooo...". Like that? dead2 

yes, i.e.: "but TRUMP... *pause to allow for boos* *is booed* jj2 

I am an avid tennis fan so I did witness booing in one of the Nadal/Wawrinka Australian Open finals (he took a MTO on his serve)

I‘ve booed Lana when she decided to sing Honeymoon instead of Love at the concert I went to. I was hella pissed.

Yeah at football games all the time rip4

I have heard it in person but it wasn't like serious, legit booing. It was more of a playful thing than anything with malice. 

Yeah I have bood and seen other people booing lots. How can you not have seen it? It is very common.

In some shows booing is even encouraged, e.g. pantomimes or for example when an artist says it’s their last song people can boo 

Wtf people actually do this? A part of me is surprised, but another part... not really.

Unless it's playful booing in which case sure I get it