Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Liam

Most iconic pop album of the 2010s decade?

FEMALE POP ALBUM POLL  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Most iconic female pop album of the 2010s?

• Taylor Swift - 1989
    • Katy Perry - Teenage Dream
    • Beyoncé - Beyoncé
    • Beyoncé - Lemonade
    • Lady Gaga - Born This Way
    • Rihanna - Loud
    • Miley Cyrus - Bangerz
    • Lorde - Pure Heroine
    • Adele - 21
    • Ariana Grande - thank u, next
    • Other

2 hours ago, Jake said:

Everything about Teenage Dream is iconic. The perfect singles, the perfect management, the absolute power she had... Damn, what an era. Glad it was my first ever pop girl era cry7 Like they somehow got that perfect structure to end a single, yet give her enough breathing room to not be overexposed. That was a move I have not seen since.

The only other (close) attempt about this non-overexposure factor was 1989, and it nearly matched it, but she was too overexposed after single #5.

Did we live through the same era, because Sketty Perr was overexposed to buggery. The ubiquity was not cute - every new single release was EXHAUSTING (*Taylor vocals*). CG, TD and POM sounded outmoded within a year and looking back they're some of the most basic songs she's ever released - and this is Katy we're talking about katy2 I'd wager the only song from that era that'll be remembered is Firework, and that's mainly because it's used as stirring/inspirational background music to corny talent shows rip1 

8 hours ago, Modern Woman said:

I liked for the Katy dragging but cis who is referencing anything from ST these days other than gays on forums nostalgic for times when Bey had hits on the charts eve1

That part of Beyonce's fanbase that is black and straight and that other part which is femaleeve1 Flawless and 'I woke up like this' are quoted to this day. 

3 hours ago, Gravity said:

That part of Beyonce's fanbase that is black and straight and that other part which is femaleeve1 Flawless and 'I woke up like this' are quoted to this day. 

Learn me a bitT I had no idea "I woke up like this" was from that song giveup1

I have to agree with the majority and say Teenage Dream. It was immediately the first album I thought of. Great pop album and great singles. Her chart run for that album was ridiculous. The other pop girls could have only DREAMED.

The only two that come close is 21 and 1989. I would have said 21 however I think Teenage Dream is the best representation of pure pop music, whilst 21 was totally different than everything being released at the time.

15 hours ago, Vesper said:

@Agugaga as usual you stop replying once you realize the receipts are against you and you have no leg to stand on. Must be a familiar feeling by now nat2 

Honey you got clobbered when you tried saying “Teenage Dream” was the album of the decade. Plain and simple. We moved on.

I didn’t even need to look at who upvoted your comment to know it was the typical obsessed stalker doing it ny12

6 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

Honey you got clobbered when you tried saying “Teenage Dream” was the album is the decade. Plain and simple. We moved on.

I didn’t even need to look at who upvoted your comment to know it was the typical obsessed stalker doing it ny12

Yet you’re so obsessed with me you’re talking about me indirectly and seeing if I liked his posts. The irony dead4 

Teenage Dream had SIX #1’s, a #2, and a #3. Literally out of 8 songs, none missed the Top 3. Tied the King of Pop’s record. Was a pop culture icon that was everywhere for 2 years. Yes, it’s fair to say that some people consider TD album of the decade. Moron. nat1 

22 minutes ago, Umbreon said:

Yet you’re so obsessed with me you’re talking about me indirectly and seeing if I liked his posts. The irony dead4 

Teenage Dream had SIX #1’s, a #2, and a #3. Literally out of 8 songs, none missed the Top 3. Tied the King of Pop’s record. Was a pop culture icon that was everywhere for 2 years. Yes, it’s fair to say that some people consider TD album of the decade. Moron. nat1 

I didn't even tag you or mention you, but the fact that you came in here to reply to me so swiftly is definitely a stalker type of tea. 

16 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

I didn't even tag you or mention you, but the fact that you came in here to reply to me so swiftly is definitely a stalker type of tea. 

I was bored at work and browsing the forums but continue thinking you’re special. I don’t check people’s reputation points to see if you vote for their posts, so yes, you’re still the stalker. nat1 

Since you left out the TD part I’m guessing you agree with me. Good. nat1 

1 hour ago, Agugaga said:

Honey you got clobbered when you tried saying “Teenage Dream” was the album of the decade. Plain and simple. We moved on.

21 and TD were both of my top choices, and when @fab brought them receipts I agreed that 21 could be the album of the decade, so I don’t know how I got “clobbered”. That might be what you’re used to, you know, getting scalped easy every time you open your mouth. kii1 

But my main point was comparing TD and Beyonce ST, not 21. You still haven’t answered my question: which album sold more? Which sold more singles? Which sold more records total? You can’t answer because you changed the subject immediately when you realized you lost again kii1 girl nice try 

PS looks like the poll agrees with me kii1 

15 minutes ago, Vesper said:

21 and TD were both of my top choices, and when @fab brought them receipts I agreed that 21 could be the album of the decade, so I don’t know how I got “clobbered”. That might be what you’re used to, you know, getting scalped easy every time you open your mouth. kii1 

But my main point was comparing TD and Beyonce ST, not 21. You still haven’t answered my question: which album sold more? Which sold more singles? Which sold more records total? You can’t answer because you changed the subject immediately when you realized you lost again kii1 girl nice try 

PS looks like the poll agrees with me kii1 

We’ve been knew this place is delusional and living in the past. Didn’t need a poll to validate that kii1

1 hour ago, Agugaga said:

We’ve been knew this place is delusional and living in the past. Didn’t need a poll to validate that kii1

Says the queen of delusion and living in the past eve1 girl You cant be serious eve1 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.