Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Divine

Adele set to release her album in December

4 minutes ago, Robi said:

Yeah yeah yeah

on label knows everything ..

Well it’s the parent label, publisher, and distributor for a LOT of people so yea they kinda do know what’s being released dead2 

31 minutes ago, Divine said:

Well it’s the parent label, publisher, and distributor for a LOT of people so yea they kinda do know what’s being released dead2 

Yeah but problem is who is going to lose a job after this... I don’t think labels or people from them can just announce something ... and two big artists from same label on the same day...

not too suspicious?

i mean if happens that’s good but then Adele usually releases November...plus last two albums came out without leaks from sources etc

9 minutes ago, Robi said:

Yeah but problem is who is going to lose a job after this... I don’t think labels or people from them can just announce something ... and two big artists from same label on the same day...

not too suspicious?

i mean if happens that’s good but then Adele usually releases November...plus last two albums came out without leaks from sources etc

These aren’t leaks though. This was announced at a conference at Universal Music France where they discussed their releases and events and finances for the year as well as their upcoming projects and releases for the remainder of the year. There was also news for Gaga and Drake as well. A lot of certified people who attended this conference reported these things as well so it’s not like some seedy accounts posted them. They’re pretty legit.

Granted, these could just be placeholder release dates for now. Releases could always be bumped up a few weeks or delayed. However they gave a ballpark figure to let they’re investors and whoever else attended know what’s going on and when it’s going to happen.

I think its important to remember that these are most likely placeholder dates. "December" is usually the placeholder for a release within a year where the exact date is unknown. For example a game coming in 2020 without a release date would be "31 December 2020" on most listings in the meantime. And on top of that, they can always be moved. 

I'm really interested in what numbers Adele will pull this time sales-wise. I doubt her streams are going to be anything exceptional coz thats far away from her demographic. on the other hand, Rihanna seems like the type to do better in streams than sales, so that's also going to be interesting number wise for longevity purposes wendy1 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.