Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Lachlan

FKA twigs | MAGDALENE | November 8th, 2019

2 hours ago, Lachlan said:

That Jimmy Fallon performance is incredible and so is this album. Mary Magdalene -> Fallen Alien -> Mirrored Heart -> Daybed -> Cellophane is like... incredible. bebe1 

werq at you disregarding at the first 4 tracks bebe1 but go off ig! sad day is the new in time periodt bebe1 

12 minutes ago, Lachlan said:

They're great but the last five are next level in succession. bebe1 

every song on this album HITS periodt bebe1 came at just the right time! bitter, desolate and depressed lyrics + seasonal depression >>> demi1 

How far away from LP1 is Magdalene in terms of production and genres in general? Is it more like a collection of sad songs or do we still have moments like Pendulum or Lights On??

4 hours ago, Urbanov said:

I heard that Fallen Alien is a career highlight is that true? jj2 

4 hours ago, Urbanov said:

How far away from LP1 is Magdalene in terms of production and genres in general? Is it more like a collection of sad songs or do we still have moments like Pendulum or Lights On??

It is definitely a major progression in terms of lyricism and a different approach of common themes such as sexuality. I wouldn’t necessarily characterize all of the songs as sad (i.e. Fallen Alien and maybe Sad Day sonically), rather a lot of the songs are more experimental and poetic. Fallen Alien is definitely one of her best songs because of its ferocity and as someone who’s followed twigs since 2014, it is definitely a career highlight and one of her best songs. 

15 minutes ago, Hejira said:

It is definitely a major progression in terms of lyricism and a different approach of common themes such as sexuality. I wouldn’t necessarily characterize all of the songs as sad (i.e. Fallen Alien and maybe Sad Day sonically), rather a lot of the songs are more experimental and poetic. Fallen Alien is definitely one of her best songs because of its ferocity and as someone who’s followed twigs since 2014, it is definitely a career highlight and one of her best songs. 

Oh wow brit3 

On 10/29/2019 at 10:41 PM, Hunty Bear said:

it's out there y'all! I just finished my first full-listen and I'm blown away jj2 LP1 was theatrical and dramatic but MAGDALENE feels so much more deeply personal, bitter and desolate as a whole! still need to digest it more but it's definitely an instant click for me, already one of my favorite albums of the year for sure 

home with you, sad day, mirrored heart, daybed and obviously cellophane are also my first-listen current faves!

On 10/29/2019 at 10:51 PM, Hylia said:

Listening right now. The fact that it had been pushed back when it was clearly ready to come out on the 25th is not cute, but anyway, I’m stanning so far!

where are they.gif

On 11/2/2019 at 10:33 AM, Urbanov said:

I heard that Fallen Alien is a career highlight is that true? jj2 

honestly it's the one song on the album that hasn't fully clicked for me yet? not to say that it isn't great, but it's definitely the most experimental song on the album and I probably need more time to resonate with it better jj2 

On 11/2/2019 at 10:34 AM, Urbanov said:

not super different! I'd argue that MAGDALENE has relatively more organic and almost subdued production (think cellophane and home with you), but it's still very electronic and experimental jj2 it's generally pretty downbeat and desolate in general but holy terrain and fallen alien aren't particularly sad

3 hours ago, Hunty Bear said:

honestly it's the one song on the album that hasn't fully clicked for me yet? not to say that it isn't great, but it's definitely the most experimental song on the album and I probably need more time to resonate with it better jj2 

not super different! I'd argue that MAGDALENE has relatively more organic and almost subdued production (think cellophane and home with you), but it's still very electronic and experimental jj2 it's generally pretty downbeat and desolate in general but holy terrain and fallen alien aren't particularly sad

I just heard that new song that’s out on the radio (BBC Radio 1) and it’s a slay so I’m perched for the album for real jj2 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.