Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Kirjava

Interview: possible Mulan soundtrack, The Xperience

Here's the highlights, everything else is the same old moo1

Those who catch her second set of residency dates, however, which kicks off on September 20, should expect some subtle differences—and even more over-the-top action for her surprise New Year’s Eve show. “Agreeing to more dates and doing New Year’s there is going to be really fun,” she enthuses. But we hope she actually finds the time to have her personal fun, too. 

[...]

In the meantime, Aguilera is focused on tweaking the show. “Creatively, I get bored easily, so I have to keep evolving and changing. [Also], I have fans who come to multiple shows, and I want to keep them on their toes and constantly entertained. Whether it’s changes to the set list or creative and video, there’s always ways to make things different. Basically, everything takes notes and nods from things that have inspired me.” 

[...]

Talk about full circle: not only is she about to accept the Disney Legends award [some fellow 2019 recipients include Robert Downey Jr., James Earl Jones, Bette Midler, Diane Sawyer and Hans Zimmer], when she’ll sing ‘Reflection’ again, but she may also create tunes for the soundtrack of a live action adaptation of Mulan, due to hit theaters next year. “It’s in discussion,” she confirms. “I don’t know much about the project, but things are going back and forth, and I’m discussing being part of it.”

[...]

But Aguilera couldn’t ignore that something was missing. She needed to perform, to make new music, to “get back to what I was put on this earth to do—to connect with people and to inspire.” Which is why, for the moment at least, her focus is on work, rather than expanding her family.

“You know, it’s funny—even the children I have had, I haven’t necessarily planned! I’m very spontaneous when it comes to that,” she says with a laugh. “What the universe thinks will be, will be. Who knows what’s in the future? But, as of now, [I’m not planning on having more kids].

Full interview:

https://hauteliving.com/2019/09/christina-Aguilera-discusses-artist-evolution-motherhood/673704/

Newly released old pics:

SHOT_02_218_V4-534x800.jpg

SHOT_04_257_V4-534x800.jpg

7 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

I mean... I would love for her to do songs for Mulan but... isn't there meant to be no songs (new or old) in the new movie? Did they backtrack? (If so, good!) 

Mulan on broadway plz

I'm guessing it's not for the OST, but one of those "inspired by the movie" soundtracks or whatever the fuck they are doing nowadays.

6 minutes ago, Kirjava said:

I'm guessing it's not for the OST, but one of those "inspired by the movie" soundtracks or whatever the fuck they are doing nowadays.

i'd probably say it is the OST but not included in the film, IF it happens. Maybe could be re-recordings of the original songs. I think it's awful doing that when they aren't including them in the movie tho. We deserve!! meg1 Them cutting the music from my fave disney movie-musical is so sad cry8  (dont count L&S as a movie-musical since it has like 2 original songs). I hope they've changed their mind cry8 

8 minutes ago, Kirjava said:

2 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

i'd probably say it is the OST but not included in the film, IF it happens. Maybe could be re-recordings of the original songs. I think it's awful doing that when they aren't including them in the movie tho. We deserve!! meg1 Them cutting the music from my fave disney movie-musical is so sad cry8  (dont count L&S as a movie-musical since it has like 2 original songs). I hope they've changed their mind cry8 

i hope she does another version of Reflection in addition to whatever new song(s) she does for it tbqh!

On 9/9/2019 at 3:24 PM, RihannaRTT said:

I mean... I would love for her to do songs for Mulan but... isn't there meant to be no songs (new or old) in the new movie? Did they backtrack? (If so, good!) 

Mulan on broadway plz

It could be for the credits? 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.