Kylie set most-watched Glastonbury moment ever

Liam    16,097

Kylie Minogue's decades-spanning greatest hits set has become the most-watched Glastonbury performance ever. An average audience of 3.2m people tuned in to see her play the festival's "legend slot", beating previous highs set by Ed Sheeran and Adele. Viewership peaked at 3.9m during the closing minutes of Kylie's set, as she played Dancing and Spinning Around. The emotional show came 14 years after a cancer diagnosis forced the star to pull out of a planned headline slot. "In 2005, I was meant to be here," she reminded fans from the stage. "Circumstances meant that I did not make it." As the crowd chanted her name in support, the star blinked back tears and had to compose herself before continuing.

"I wished things were different - but life is what it is," she said. "We're all here in this moment." The set was broadcast on BBC One later that day, and new figures from the BBC reveal it was viewers' most-popular Glastonbury performance to date. The previous record-holder was Ed Sheeran, whose headline slot on BBC Two attracted an average audience of 3.1m in 2017. A year earlier, the programme featuring Adele's Pyramid Stage performance was watched by 2m people, rising to 3.7m during her set. This year's Glastonbury saw a significant shift in viewership, with audiences increasingly choosing to catch up with performances online.

whew a legend more here

6pADGgD.gif 

ajp    9,228

Wow scream1

Queen of Glastonbury kylie6

Ariana    2,463

Would've been most watched TV moment ever if she performed My Secret Heart!

6pADGgD.gif

Nezha    89

I'm not surprised. She was phenomenal. It was a great set, littered with all the songs everyone wanted to hear. A fantastic performance which focused on fun... without ego (Madonna, take note)