Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

dynxsty

Will Billie Eilish Last?

Ms. Eyelash has a #1 song, #1 album, Best selling album of 2019 so far, Grammy buzz and is only 17 years old..... this is a recipe for floppage in the future with her next album (that's she already working on)

Can this lil hoe maintain the same stability in the future, or is she gonna become another Meghan Trainor? 

lets discuss....

undefined

correct answer: I hope lmao

The sophomore curse is very real though...

the good thing is is that Billie is aware of this and she's too huge to all of a sudden fall off unless her next singles are hot garbage

and her and Finneas have said recently that the next album is coming sooner then you'd expect. 

so I think little girl will be fine. 

She basically the next Alanis Morisette / Avril Lasagne / Kesha / Meghan Trainer -esque star. She'll have her moment but she won't be remembered by the GP in 30 years time, nor will she be a legend. She'll have to reinvent herself, which is near impossible given the direction she started off in. I mean just look how Agril went from Sk8er Boi to Hello Kitty brit15

I get this will be a unpopular opinion, especially mentioning someone like Alanis, but it's true! You don't consider her in the same league as Celine, Mariah, Beyonce, Christina, Britney etc! She came on the scene as the alt girl with a big song but didn't do much after. 

1 hour ago, I Brings That Levity said:

She basically the next Alanis Morisette / Avril Lasagne / Kesha / Lana Del Ray / Meghan Trainer -esque star. She'll have her moment but she won't be remembered by the GP in 30 years time, nor will she be a legend.  

First of all, it's Lana Del Rey, second of all how dare you put legends like Alanis and icons like Lana in the same category as Meghan Trainor? Meghan was basically a one-hit-wonder. She can't sit with any of them.

Lana, however has managed to have a HUGE and loyal fanbase (many of them respected names in Hollywood and the music industry) and she has stayed stable for 8 years now. Her latest album exceeded all expectations in terms of sales and she's actually quite big considering that she has no hit singles, no radio deals and never promotes her music. She's THAT elusive chanteuse. She has influenced all the alt-pop girls and they cite her as one of their main influences. She will most definitely be remembered in a few years cause she won't burn out like some of the artists that had to do all the promo, and whore themselves out to have a stable career.

9 minutes ago, Madonna said:

She will most definitely be remembered in a few years cause she won't burn out like some of the artists that had to do all the promo, and whore themselves out to have a stable career.

She as in Billie or Lana? or both lolll...

If she's lucky she will follow avril's recipe, huge debut, decent sophomore and meh junior album then fizzle out when the im14andthisisdeep gimmick starts to get old like her fanbase, being reduced to cringy 30 year old doing hello kitty songs 10-12 years after her debut. 

If she's lucky. But i see her future work being much of the same overhyped mess she's already put out. Overexposure is also a threat

Considering Cardi B started fizzling out after I Like It and only has her name recognition now, I wouldn't be surprised!

But if Billie does last, I'd probably see it as a sign of how downhill mainstream pop is getting; We still haven't seen another true Katy/Gaga/etc-esque figure come up and people are being shookened by Billie doing a video that's basically just the intro to the G.U.Y. video stretched out over a song.

She has a really strong fanbase for a newer artist...I see multiple people in real life who are obsessed with her and wear her merch. Meghan went viral and had some payola and after that she faded away. No one was really checking for her like that, even when she was an it-girl.

22 minutes ago, Venom said:

Considering Cardi B started fizzling out after I Like It and only has her name recognition now, I wouldn't be surprised!

But if Billie does last, I'd probably see it as a sign of how downhill mainstream pop is getting; We still haven't seen another true Katy/Gaga/etc-esque figure come up and people are being shookened by Billie doing a video that's basically just the intro to the G.U.Y. video stretched out over a song.

The days of Katys and Gagas are over. People choose what they are shocked by evey decade. That aesthetic just isn't IT anymore. It's like asking for bubblegum pop sweet girls Britney and Xtina to come back 20 years later. Things just move on.

I swear to god majority of pop stans are so fixated on early 2010s pop that every pop girl nowadays has to shock or do smth so outrageous to get y'alls approval. To be a main pop girl you don't have to shock people you have to appeal to the mainstream and get your songs to chart high. That's it. What is this Lady Gaga metric that every pop girl has to be measured to that everyone is spouting on about??? 

Y'all complain about pop being dead then when new pop girls come out 'they're not interesting enough'. Good luck wiping Katy's and Gaga's asses until they're 60 hanging to a thread of hope they'll do smth interesting again and be like 2010 era pop lol3

2 minutes ago, Gravity said:

The days of Katys and Gagas are over. People choose what they are shocked by evey decade. That aesthetic just isn't IT anymore. It's like asking for bubblegum pop sweet girls Britney and Xtina to come back 20 years later. Things just move on.

I swear to god majority of pop stans are so fixated on early 2010s pop that every pop girl nowadays has to shock or do smth so outrageous to get y'alls approval. To be a main pop girl you don't have to shock people you have to appeal to the mainstream and your songs to chart high. That's it. What is this Lady Gaga metric that every pop girl has to be measured to that everyone is spouting on about??? 

Y'all complain about pop being dead then when new pop girls come out 'they're not interesting enough'. Good luck wiping Katy's and Gaga's asses until they're 60 hanging to a thread of hope they'll do smth interesting again and be like 2010 era pop lol3

I stan

25 minutes ago, Gravity said:

I swear to god majority of pop stans are so fixated on early 2010s pop that every pop girl nowadays has to shock or do smth so outrageous to get y'alls approval. To be a main pop girl you don't have to shock people you have to appeal to the mainstream and get your songs to chart high. That's it. What is this Lady Gaga metric that every pop girl has to be measured to that everyone is spouting on about??? 

Ok and? That doesn't change the fact that modern pop is disposable and all the new girls are doing the same boring shit as eachother with no excuse, or preaching an elaborate concept only as a cover up to the fact that they're doing the same boring shit as eachother! nicki5

46 minutes ago, Gravity said:

That basically describes billie though lol3 her entire brand is weird videos, looking like she's on xanax and horse tranquilizers 24/7 and dressing outrageous and "quirky". She appeals to the mainstream completely because being depressed and quirky is VERY mainstream in today's climate. lol3

1 hour ago, Gravity said:

Should i feel attacked as the Madonna fan i am? lol3 

33 minutes ago, Venom said:

Ok and? That doesn't change the fact that modern pop is disposable and all the new girls are doing the same boring shit as eachother with no excuse, or preaching an elaborate concept only as a cover up to the fact that they're doing the same boring shit as eachother! nicki5

21 minutes ago, ShutUpRae said:

That basically describes billie though lol3 her entire brand is weird videos, looking like she's on xanax and horse tranquilizers 24/7 and dressing outrageous and "quirky". She appeals to the mainstream completely because being depressed and quirky is VERY mainstream in today's climate. lol3

So is it boring or outrageous?? Sort it out ladies 

4 minutes ago, Madame X said:

Should i feel attacked as the Madonna fan i am? lol3 

Idk is Madonna a staple of early 2010s pop? I don't think any Madonna fan is wanting anxiously for the rise of another empowered female artist that changes how women are allowed to express themselves because they understand that it has been done before by her in different times and climate and that it can't be done again. It can't be done again because times and mentalities have changed, preferences and shock value is different. 

Some Gaga stans need to learn.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.