Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Hunty Bear

Lana Del Rey, Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus - Don't Call Me Angel (Official Music Video)

14 minutes ago, CHANEL #1 said:

All the Ari stans in the video comments telling everyone to stop complaining that Lana didn't have enough lines cause it's Ari's song and that she was generous enough to even give Lana a spot in the first place lmfao2 

They know Lana's bridge was the best part lmfao2 

I agree. Ariana was the weaker of the three in this track, she did her usual which felt meh compared to the punching delivery of Miley and sensuality of Lana.

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

It's interesting what makes these collab songs work for people. I mean, I honestly don't like this song at all, it sounds like three songs cobbled together to me, but I did like Bang Bang from five years back and as far as I recall everyone else on here fucking hated that song whereas this one has mostly been warmly received rip3 

I feel like taste is fully subjective and that every song has an audience somewhere, which is what makes music so great in the first place jj2 

14 minutes ago, Hylia said:

I feel like taste is fully subjective and that every song has an audience somewhere, which is what makes music so great in the first place jj2 

True. I do always wonder how this forum will feel about the particularly big/successful songs though. "Bad Blood is good" in particular is the fetch I've been trying to make happen for years on here to little avail rip2 

The songs itself benefits from having mellow, sort of infectious tingly melody that can easily catch an ear, but I think they could have done so much more with the lyrics itself. I feel the message got stuck in the primary goal of this having proper counter-statement to the subject of song itself, but then again, it's singable enough.

What I think is good is that all three of them got represented by the way their music works for them and this is actually good enough blend of their styles. Also, video emulating Atomic Blonde ( not that I doubted Lana's ability to rival Theron's Lorraine Broughton in the first place jj5 ) type of energy they all provide is real somber treat. 

On 9/13/2019 at 12:18 AM, Gravity said:

'Keep my name out of ya mouth' - POWERFUL

I love how Miley echoes the end of Ariana's sentences like 'yeah you heard me' and 'even though we'. Her voice really delivered here.

I love the whistle registers Ariana hits in Lana's bridge.clap3

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.