Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Ruthless Love

Mandy Moore | Silver Landings | March 6, 2020

3000x0w.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Track listing

1. I'd Rather Lose
  2. Save a Little for Yourself
  3. Fifteen
  4. Tryin' My Best Los Angeles
  5. Easy Target
  6. When I Wasn't Watching
  7. Forgiveness
  8. Stories Reminding Myself of Me
  9. If That's What it Takes
  10. Silver Landings

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Singles

When I Wasn't Watching
300x0w.jpg

I'd Rather Lose
300x0w.jpg

Save a Little for Yourself
300x0w.jpg

Fifteen
qsuRt8br_o.jpg

4 hours ago, ajp said:

7? nicki5

Where have I been? brit3

Well she did released albums in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2007 and 2009. Everything just went under the radar because she didn't sexualize her image and went the sophisticated way, which is really a breath of fresh air. It's just that she transitioned to acting very well that her music career derailed. Also, having a controlling ex-husband took a toll on her music career. 

On 9/17/2019 at 4:06 PM, BlancLover said:

Well she did released albums in 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2007 and 2009. Everything just went under the radar because she didn't sexualize her image and went the sophisticated way, which is really a breath of fresh air. It's just that she transitioned to acting very well that her music career derailed. Also, having a controlling ex-husband took a toll on her music career. 

Exactly. I remember Coverage coming out, and just being in awe at how different she was from the rest, and how much I loved it. That album felt very Mandy, despite being a covers album. The music industry went one way, and she went the other. She tried two major labels after leaving Epic, before releasing Wild Hope and they just did not work out for her and the career she wanted. I'm proud of her for coming back stronger and better than ever.

On 9/18/2019 at 1:33 PM, BlueBalls said:

If this album sounds like her new single, I'm gonna love it.

I have a feeling it's going to, because she's working with the same people on the album.

On 12/2/2019 at 2:45 PM, BlueBalls said:

Oh, well... lol

Wouldn't it be great if she/they could promote her new music on "This is Us"? Hope it's happening.

Need this album sooner than later.

Who knows... they might? Maybe in a montage scene?

Mandy-Moore-preview-bb01-2020-xuw-billbo

"No regrets, with a few exceptions,” sings Mandy Moore on the folksy ballad “Fifteen,” one of 10 tracks on her upcoming album, Silver Landings (Verve Forecast, due in early March). It’s not hard to discern what those regrets might be. Like most of Moore’s new songs, “Fifteen” (named for the age at which she released her Billboard Hot 100-charting debut single, “Candy”) is baldly confessional. “I’m not a developed enough songwriter at this juncture of my musical life to know how to write about other things,” the now 35-year-old says with a self-deprecating laugh. “I look back at [the younger] version of myself and just want to give her a big hug. I don’t think I really knew what I was in for.”

Twenty years after her bubblegum breakthrough, the pop star turned movie star turned face of one of the decade’s most popular TV dramas (This Is Us) is making music on her own terms. Late in 2019, Moore signed with Verve Forecast, where her longtime friend and collaborator Mike Viola is West Coast vp A&R. (He also produced Silver Landings and is credited as a co-writer on all its songs.) “I had slight PTSD from being on labels in the past,” says Moore, who adds that she would have just released the album herself without Verve’s offer. “But Verve truly feels like it’s run by a bunch of deeply creative people who aren’t necessarily just concerned with the numbers game.”

With Her First New Album In a Decade, Mandy Moore Is Finally Owning Her Voice

Liking the album's title and the extra confirmed tracks. 10 tracks it's what I expected anyway. I don't know why I had the feeling she would have one about her past teenage-self. Glad it's titled "Fifteen", a nice little touch to her song "17" (one of my favorites from her).  

Also, is "Forgiveness" in the album as well? it's kinda confusing whether it's on the album or not. I think it is but...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.