Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

ParentalAdvisory

Celine Dion I Courage I November 15th 2019

Having a listen through it now. It's not too bad but many of the songs sound like recycled music from 5 years ago, in general it's just too long with not much that stands out. Almost every song i can draw clear similarities to other songs from 2012-17.

To summarise, i've always considered Celine more of a performer (and a bloody good one at that) rather than an artist and this album confirms to me that my thoughts remain accurate. 

2 hours ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Having a listen through it now. It's not too bad but many of the songs sound like recycled music from 5 years ago, in general it's just too long with not much that stands out. Almost every song i can draw clear similarities to other songs from 2012-17.

To summarise, i've always considered Celine more of a performer (and a bloody good one at that) rather than an artist and this album confirms to me that my thoughts remain accurate. 

Interesting take. interesting1

I have yet to listen to it. I’m going out this morning to buy the CD to add to my collection and will listen to it later. I would agree that she was never an artist. The songs she has been doing since Taking Chances have been all about the performance factor, either in Vegas or on Tour. 

Ok aretha1

I’ve had a chance to listen to the whole 20 tracks just now, and let me say, I was so bored eve1

The lead singles were as good as it gets, “Imperfections”, “Lying Down” are classic Céline. The rest of the album played it rather safe. After 6 years, she has decided to stick to the same formula that worked 2007-2013.  

She also needs someone strong on her team - it really shows with Rene gone that she needs someone to edit her. Not all 20 songs needed to be heard. “Say Yes” is horrible and “For The Lover I Lost” lacks emotional connection by Celine to even be considered. “Baby” was terrible, too.

I did like “The Chase”, a country-style vocal arrangement saved it. Also, “The Hard Way” - a good album ending. 

oprah14

Still Queen gaga13

Hitdailydouble:

NEW RELEASES: LE RETOUR DE CELINE (UPDATE)

Celine Dion’s Courage is projected to land the top spot on this week’s HITS Top 50. Luke Combs will fall to #2, while Tory Lanez will battle Post Malone for #3.

Celine Dion (Sony Music Canada/Columbia) 122-127k total activity, 120-124k album
Tory Lanez (Mad Love/Interscope)70-80k, 4-6k
Lil Peep (Columbia) 28-32k, 10-12k 
Lady Antebellum (Big Machine/BMLG) 25-28k, 11-14k
Frozen 2 Soundtrack (Walt Disney) 24-27k, 21-24k

cheer1

Celine’s last album sold 77,000 copies during it’s debut week - so this is a huge improvement. 

I just listened to the album today in full.

The album is definitely classic Celine, and I didn't hear anything I hadn't heard before from her.

There were a couple of tracks I did like though: "Falling in Love Again", "Lying Down", "Courage", "The Chase", "Baby", "Look At Us Now" , "Perfect Goodbye" were some standouts for me, but the rest seemed to blend together. 

I'm sure the live performances are incredible, but I wasn't blown away by this album. 

Well week 2 was a disaster oprah13

She sold around 5,500 SPS copies in the US for a #111 Chart placing on Billboard oprah5

In Canada she was pushed from #1 to #2 by Leonard Cohen oprah14

6 hours ago, Miss Show Business said:

Celine doesn't deserve this plunge brit15 I haven't listened to the whole album yet I like it better than LMBTL already.

I’m still on the fence. This album has been the first Céline album that has taken me a while to get into. My partner likes it - he’s not even a fan. brit15

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.