Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Hylia

Gaga Reportedly Offered Role In “Little Shop of Horrors” Reboot

A new Monster may be coming to Warner Brothers! Lady Gaga is ready to make her return to the big screen in the studio’s Little Shop of Horrors reboot, a source exclusively reveals in the new issue of Us Weekly.

The A Star Is Born actress, 33 was recently “offered a role,” says the source. “She’s very interested to keep acting.”

Little Shop of Horrors began as a 1960 film before being turned into a Broadway musical in 1982. It was later remade into a musical film in 1986 starring Rick Moranis and Steve Martin. Although Gaga’s role has yet to be confirmed, the likely choice for the star is the role of Audrey, who works in a flower shop with Seymour, a guy who discovers a plant that feeds on human flesh and blood.

The singer’s continued interest in acting shouldn’t come as a surprise since she’s been open about her passion for the craft. “I will definitely continue acting,” she told reporters at the 2018 Critics’ Choice Awards. “I love acting. I loved acting on American Horror Story as the Countess for Ryan Murphy, and I loved acting in A Star is Born for Bradley Cooper. It was a tremendous experience, and I want to continue to do more, but I am a bit spoiled. I’ve had some fantastic directors and fantastic visionaries.”

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/lady-gaga-was-offered-a-role-in-little-shop-of-horrors-reboot/

She'd make a terrible Audrey. Maybe she'd surprise me but I can't imagine her as a mousy, timid character like that. Or maybe they'd rewrite/update the character.

I didn't even know they were doing a remake...I think it's a horrible idea. That movie is just about as good as practical effects get, so they're not gonna do any better there, and I doubt they'll do any of the songs differently so I don't see the point. The only interesting, non-pointless thing would be to go back to the Roger Corman movie, not have it be a musical at all and instead be a serious horror film, but if they want Lady Gaga in it I think it's safe to say they aren't doing that.

4 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

She'd make a terrible Audrey. Maybe she'd surprise me but I can't imagine her as a mousy, timid character like that. Or maybe they'd rewrite/update the character.

I didn't even know they were doing a remake...I think it's a horrible idea. That movie is just about as good as practical effects get, so they're not gonna do any better there, and I doubt they'll do any of the songs differently so I don't see the point. The only interesting, non-pointless thing would be to go back to the Roger Corman movie, not have it be a musical at all and instead be a serious horror film, but if they want Lady Gaga in it I think it's safe to say they aren't doing that.

But doesn’t her dad call her little mouse or something like that?

7 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

i mean wasnt Ally in ASIB a bit timid in the beginning?

kinda off topic, but we dont need a 2nd Rihanna doing everything BUT new music jj4 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.