Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

dynxsty

Homecoming: The Live Album is Officially Submitted to the Grammys for Album Of The Year

1 minute ago, Miss Show Business said:

The lady in my avatar was the first woman to win AOTY and it was for a live album.

Interesting! Didn't know that was possible but I quite frankly don't see it happening.

Just now, Madonna said:

Interesting! Didn't know that was possible but I quite frankly don't see it happening.

Neither do I dead2 it’s such a reach, album is good but AOTY? Please, with all the beautiful NEW albums that came out this year? Not a chance

An album with songs that were included in 2000s album is going to be nominated for AOTY in 2019? Almost two decades later? Grammys are truly something else. And as i see in previous comments, they always were. It doesn't makes any sense.

bey4

4 minutes ago, Madame X said:

An album with songs that were included in 2000s album is going to be nominated for AOTY in 2019? Almost two decades later? Grammys are truly something else. And as i see in previous comments, they always were. It doesn't makes any sense.

bey4

According to the official rules. 51% of the album has to be completely new in vocals and instruments. Which Homecoming is. Y'all are acting like the entire album are studio versions of songs combined in an album. All the songs have new arrangements which makes the songs almost brand new. PLUS live albums have won in the past, it literally used to be what albums consisted of, live music. 

58 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Neither do I dead2 it’s such a reach, album is good but AOTY? Please, with all the beautiful NEW albums that came out this year? Not a chance

If she didn't win with Lemonade or BEYONCÉ, I doubt this wins.

They truly don't want her to win AOTY.

2 hours ago, Normani said:

If she didn't win with Lemonade or BEYONCÉ, I doubt this wins.

They truly don't want her to win AOTY.

hmmm, I mean... Theres no Adele and there's no "overdue veteran" this year... its 50/50 I think. 

I still feel like they're gonna give it Billy Eyelashes tho, good thing I kinda like that album

3 hours ago, Pauly Antonio said:

According to the official rules. 51% of the album has to be completely new in vocals and instruments. Which Homecoming is. Y'all are acting like the entire album are studio versions of songs combined in an album. All the songs have new arrangements which makes the songs almost brand new. PLUS live albums have won in the past, it literally used to be what albums consisted of, live music. 

It obviously has new vocals, they're live performances. nicki5 

35 minutes ago, Madame X said:

It obviously has new vocals, they're live performances. nicki5 

Which makes it eligible for a nomination. BTW this is only being submitted, its now up to the Academy to either nominate it or not, and knowing how they be acting, they're gonna nominate her, use her for ratings, and then snub her... its a cycle at this point. 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.