Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Manel

Is Beyoncé's Album "4" The One That Has Aged The Best?

d033293c-d315-4a2b-8a56-8af00d8fe77c_1.c

Like when it came out I didn't understand what most of the songs meant and I couldn't relate to anything.

NOW sis, I just heard the whole album again and there are literally no skips. Every single song I can relate to and feel like it hits close home.

Did sis know that we would end up appreciating this album as we started becoming adults?

A VISIONARY!!!

alex1

Yes it aged gorgeously, because she took a risk and decided to make an album on her own rules, not following what was trendy at that time (vide: some other albums by FOTP faves from 2010/2011)

9 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Yes it aged gorgeously, because she took a risk and decided to make an album on her own rules, not following what was trendy at that time (vide: some other albums by FOTP faves from 2010/2011)

And also the way she was brave enough to do that after such a commercially successful era like IASF...

WHEW.

12 minutes ago, Iris said:

Yes but I think I still prefer Self-Titled and Lemonade to it.

I think they all kinda follow the same line. It feels like Beyoncé since 4 started singing songs about life with no intention of them being good commercially, which gave her freedom to create literally whatever she wanted.

51 minutes ago, Normani said:

It's a great album, but with all that talk in the beginning or the middle of almost every song it's not as enjoyable.

gag1

She's talking only in "Pretty Hurts" right? And in "Blue", but she does it at the end of the song.

mad5 

Edit: Ok she talks in "Blow" too but the talking follows the rhythm of the song, unlike Pretty Hurts.

mad5 

Self-Titled >>> bey7

4 has some beyond amazing tracks, but the ones that aren't that stellar seem to fade as the years go on

Whereas now I find myself listening to songs off Self-titled I initially didn't care for oprah11

4 hours ago, Normani said:

Did sis know that we would end up appreciating this album as we started becoming adults?

THIS RIGHT HERE!!!!!! I can actually relate to the songs since I've grown up and have gone through certain situations omg. So to answer your question, YES 4 has aged so beautifully compared to the other albums. 

4 hours ago, Régine Filange said:

She's talking only in "Pretty Hurts" right? And in "Blue", but she does it at the end of the song.

mad5 

Edit: Ok she talks in "Blow" too but the talking follows the rhythm of the song, unlike Pretty Hurts.

mad5 

Flawless also has the Girls Tyme thing and the feminist speech in the middle, Partition has the "Hey Mrs. Carter" in the beginning and the interlude between Yoncé and Partition.

Edit: Haunted also has a thing in the beginning and XO too (and XO's used to be longer, but she had to edit it because... controversy)

A fucking nightmare.

brit15

1 hour ago, Maraj said:

I mean shall we even start the conversation about how I Care is probably, if not Bey's best song in her discography. I would like to talk about it! 

SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE!!!!!!!

They won't admit it sis, they won't.

aura1

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.