Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Shego

What's your opinion about Greta Thunberg?

She is a very good hero for all she is swedish and she is right about what she says I think everyone should listen to her 

And people make fun of her for things but she does not think badly she just thinks different then others. 

3 minutes ago, Darth Sidious said:

I was pondering this the other day, and I wondered how much of a size complex that these conservatives have to have in order to attack this girl. 

Ikr, some ppl even posted a photo of her drinking water, and they attacked her for using a plastic bottle, wtf. Their response was that mature. anna1 Let's not talk about those ppl who believe that there's nothing wrong with the planet, and that we aren't in danger... A 16 years old girl sounds more inteligent and smart than 40 year old men, kinda sad. anna1

On 9/30/2019 at 8:51 PM, Régine Filange said:

Ikr, some ppl even posted a photo of her drinking water, and they attacked her for using a plastic bottle, wtf. Their response was that mature. anna1 Let's not talk about those ppl who believe that there's nothing wrong with the planet, and that we aren't in danger... A 16 years old girl sounds more inteligent and smart than 40 year old men, kinda sad. anna1

Well, there wasn't much of an excuse for that, sis nat1

Also, her boat trip across the Atlantic meant the crew had to fly to New York in order to sail back (IIRC) nat1

I think she's an important voice, but unfortunately it's almost impossible to be 100% eco-friendly in the world in which we live.

2 hours ago, Modern Woman said:

I think she's an important voice, but unfortunately it's almost impossible to be 100% eco-friendly in the world in which we live.

That's right - but that's also not to say that climate change is an impossible fight. The rhetoric that a lot of older people around me and social media have is that 'well if young people care so much about climate change they need to immediately stop using cars/phones/plastic/etc otherwise they have no grounds to stand on'. Of course there are little things that individuals can do at a grass roots level to make small changes, and the more noise from hundreds of thousands that is made about this issue the better, but governments and industries are the people who have the ability to make the biggest and most important changes for the planet. Power to Greta tbh.

Climate change deniers have really been getting under my skin over the past few weeks. Even if these thousands of scientists and young people are indeed wrong (which they aren't but whatever), what's the worst that we're doing for the planet? Making it a healthier and more eco-friendly place? That's just soOooOo awful. dead1 

2 hours ago, Modern Woman said:

Well, there wasn't much of an excuse for that, sis nat1

Also, her boat trip across the Atlantic meant the crew had to fly to New York in order to sail back (IIRC) nat1

Ofc we can't be 100% eco-friendly but we can make a good start by stop throwing garbage at the sea or the street, isn't hard to do. jj4 Or recycling.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.