Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Venus XCX

Demi apologises for visiting Israel

Just now, Normani said:

Wow, she seems a bit... manipulative.

For real, and it honestly discredits her apology tbh? If that’s your reaction to your own fans, the people who chose to support you and buy what you release, when they call you out then yikes. They aren’t to blame here Miss Demi! jj4 

33 minutes ago, Divine said:

For real, and it honestly discredits her apology tbh? If that’s your reaction to your own fans, the people who chose to support you and buy what you release, when they call you out then yikes. They aren’t to blame here Miss Demi! jj4 

Sis felt connected to God thanks to a paid holiday by Israel's governement (I'm sure it was them).

I honestly don't expect much better from her.

aura1

She is the BIGGEST victim in the music industry. How does the fact that the trip was free somehow better the situation? "It was supposed to be a spiritual experience" yet sis couldn't google or get one of her interns to look up the place before going? Interesting...

insta.gif

1 minute ago, Madonna said:

What the fuck is the problem with visiting a country??? My god, Twitter stans are insufferable. 

similarly to why Lana cancelled her Israel show (it was Israel, right?)

people dont agree with the government so they convince their favs or not go through with it

6 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

people dont agree with the government so they convince their favs or not go through with it

Well, they need to shut the fuck up. There are people in Israel who also want to see their faves and who have nothing to do with the government.

The government in the US is garbage as well but that doesn't stop the girls from going on tour there, does it? It's MORE of a political statement to refuse to go to a place because of the government, rather than going there for the cultural experience.

23 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

You realize it’s a lot more than just... disagreeing with the government right? jj4 and it’s more than just Twitter stans talking about this seeing as how it’s much more complicated than petty stan drama... jj4 

It’s hundreds of years of war and genocide and animosity between two countries and groups of people being forced to relocate and seek asylum. no one is mad she visited Israel, they’re upset she’s praising it so much in her caption and acting like Israel is daisy’s and roses. jj4 Also the issues in Israel and Palestine are in no way comparable to the US and it’s issues! jj4 

19 minutes ago, Divine said:

You realize it’s a lot more than just... disagreeing with the government right? jj4 and it’s more than just Twitter stans talking about this seeing as how it’s much more complicated than petty stan drama... jj4 

It’s hundreds of years of war and genocide and animosity between two countries and groups of people being forced to relocate and seek asylum. no one is mad she visited Israel, they’re upset she’s praising it so much in her caption and acting like Israel is daisy’s and roses. jj4 Also the issues in Israel and Palestine are in no way comparable to the US and it’s issues! jj4 

i dont think she knew that nor do i think that just by being there means that she agrees with the turmoil thats going on. jj4 

its like saying if youre in America (whether youre just visiting ot if youre living here), you agree with the kids being in cages, kids getting torn from their families, minorities being targeted, etc.

Just now, Chris Morlock said:

i dont think she knew that nor do i think that just by being there means that she agrees with the turmoil thats going on. jj4 

its like saying if youre in America (whether youre just visiting ot if youre living here), you agree with the kids being in cages, kids getting torn from their families, minorities being targeted, etc.

That’s the thing though, she has more than enough resources to at least be aware there’s some kind of conflict over there. She’s on social media so at most she would have seen some trending topics regarding the matter over the years. Even if she really had absolutely no idea, someone in her circle must have known and should have spoken to her about it. There’s no excuse for complete and total ignorance in 2019 when we have the entire worlds knowledge in our pockets.

I agree that not everyone in Israel is bad nor do I believe visiting the country is bad. However, she took an all expenses paid trip in exchange for a sponsored post. Seeing as how she doesn’t praise any specific hotels or sight seeing locations and instead praises Israel in the caption, one could surmise this trip was provided by Israel in exchange for a famous American to make their country appear beautiful and serene for any potential tourists or any religious person hoping to seek out a spiritual experience. That’s what makes it problematic. She didn’t mean harm obviously, but it’s still extremely problematic, hence the outrage. Which she only fueled with her own anger.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.