Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Venus XCX

Demi apologises for visiting Israel

Honestly I think the initial backlash was, uh, weird? She can visit Israel if she wants – people go on pilgrimages there all the time. (not like that was what she was doing, but, y'know). Not to mention, you can visit a country without agreeing with everything going on there. (That is not to say I'm on Israel's side here, just saying)

But her responses to her fans support was complete trash. Bye, Demi

3 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Honestly I think the initial backlash was, uh, weird? She can visit Israel if she wants – people go on pilgrimages there all the time. (not like that was what she was doing, but, y'know). Not to mention, you can visit a country without agreeing with everything going on there. (That is not to say I'm on Israel's side here, just saying)

But her responses to her fans support was complete trash. Bye, Demi

If she had gone on a real pilgrimage I'd have been okay-ish with the situation, but they -I guess it was Israel- paid her trip there to wash their genocidal image with spirituality.

She also could've gone there for spiritual reasons with no Instagram post saying how great Israel is. There's so many ways she could've done this better.

13 hours ago, Jjang said:

Americans are so hypocritical. gag1 I mean, technically we should all boycott the US as well since they’re the ones funding the oppression in the first place. brit9 I don’t have a particular opinion about it, it’s just a very messy situation all through and through lmao. 

Exactly. You’re being hypocritical by not boycotting the US then.. lol.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.