Sign in to follow this  

Lana discusses lack of promo, new boyfriend, cover album with LA Times

Sharpay Evans    6,465

?url=https://ca-times.brightspotcdn.com/c3/41/8599b8db40a69b017e04dc1058ab/466965-ca-0926-lana-del-rey-jlc-17354.jpgPop star Lana Del Rey

You’re renowned for your lyrics, but you probably had your biggest radio hit since “Summertime Sadness” with your cover of Sublime’s “Doin’ Time,” and you also covered Donovan’s “Season of the Witch” for the recent horror film “Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.” Would you like to record more covers?
Somewhere in the back of my mind, I’ve been coordinating this concept covers album called “Pacific Blue.” It would be a very low-key thing, like acoustic Beach Boys stuff, Elvis, Chris Isaak. People usually think your career is over when you record a covers album or a Christmas album. But my musician friends and I are always playing covers. We could probably do that album in a week.

-

It feels like you’re being a lot more public during the release of “Norman F— Rockwell” than you were for your previous albums. Was that always your plan for this one?
No. It’s just that people like it. I’m like, “Alright! Let me tell you about the album!” I remember when I made [the 2014 album] “Ultraviolence,” I put so much work into it. I mixed on my own console for months. And then I did extensive interviews and no one cared that I mixed anything. So I stopped promoting after that. I was like, “Honeymoon,” “Lust for Life” ... just take them.

-

Speaking of not choreographed: Last week, you were photographed by the paparazzi in New York’s Central Park with Sean “Sticks” Larkin, a cop from the reality show “Live PD.”
I didn’t know we were being photographed. I would’ve worn something different.

Were you caught off guard when the pictures came out?
Yeah. It’s funny because I was with someone for years and we never had that problem.

Were you worried about the reaction to you dating a cop?
Well, the thing is, he’s a good cop. He gets it. He sees both sides of things.

Source

Jake    16,529

I can't even blame her on the promotion part. It is what happened dead2 

Hunty Bear    11,839

she is so right though ... dead2 she did do a lot of promo for UV that was overlooked tbh

Venus XCX    10,174

It's so sad she feels her effort on Ultraviolence was unappreciated sob1 

Chris Morlock    44,758

so this is why UV is our fav album. she mixed the album herself!

up until NFR, obvi.

Urbanov    46,916
On 10/4/2019 at 8:06 PM, Merryem said:

she's dating a cop? orangu1 

Yes