Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Katy Petty

Was Christina ever the “it” girl?

38 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

Agu quoting @Vesperand agreeing on things... am rooting so much for you babes! cry1 

to answer the OP, the only logical answer is yes. sass1

I never hated Xtina and I actually loved her early albums, even her latest Liberation I still bop brit10 I really only drag ha when Agu tries to come for britbrit eve1 

@Agugaga yeah Taylor is killing it. Rare exception to all the rest of them, so sad to see the staying power of some of these recent girls don’t even compare brit2 

26 minutes ago, Cl!t said:

Didn’t Never Really Over outpeak anything Christina has tried recently? gaga6

And moo12

At least Christina was still getting big hit collabos 10-15 years into her career. We can’t say the same about Katy. Katy may have had more hits during her peak but her albums were never as big as Xtina’s nat1 

“Christina Aguilera” was way bigger than “One of the Boys”

The “Teenage Dream” singles May have done way better than the ”Stripped” ones but both eras are arguably equal in impact and in pop culture. TD defines the perfect “Pop” era and “Stripped” is cited as the template for the “maturing pop star” playbook.

“Back to Basics” and “Prism” are similar in impact and success too.

So overall I give the edge to Christina for the better career nat1 

10 minutes ago, Cl!t said:

Didn’t Never Really Over outpeak anything Christina has tried recently? gaga6

And moo12

And that is good because Katy is now on Xtinas’ league? No more outpeaked Gaga or Taylor, now she is in the league of the has beens

I'd say she was it girl but never the it girl. At her peak, she had a ton of success and very impressive success at that. But in my mind being the it girl means you were leading the pack and didn't have really have anyone around you that was equalling what you were doing and in Xtina's case, there were people around her that were and they ended up overtaking her pretty quickly. Her success cannot be diminished, but I don't think she was ever the head bitch. 

Idk... but what I DO know is every time I buy a package of Oreos at the store I think of her! If that doesn’t scream “longevity” and “impact” idk what does!aretha1

Also y’all won’t admit the fact that Liberation was an incredible album. Didn’t deserve to flop imo. She deserves to be an IT girl simply for making this delicious bop:

5 hours ago, Agugaga said:

She was the top female artist of 2003, “Stripped” outsold ITZ hunty bey4 

Im pretty sure it was Britney that embarrassed herself when she cancelled her tour, And was spotted walking out of gas stations barefoot with Cheeto stains on her face circa 2004.

Also, Christina was the it girl in the year 2000. When she beat Britney at the Grammys, had 3 #1 singles off her debut CD and was also named the top female artist

that year as well. nat1  

Yea top female artist of 2003 cause Britney had no material out bey4 Stripped might have " outsold" ITZ but nearly everything else before and after ITZ by britney outsold Xtina bey4 

21 hours ago, Agugaga said:

At least Christina was still getting big hit collabos 10-15 years into her career. We can’t say the same about Katy. Katy may have had more hits during her peak but her albums were never as big as Xtina’s nat1 

“Christina Aguilera” was way bigger than “One of the Boys”

The “Teenage Dream” singles May have done way better than the ”Stripped” ones but both eras are arguably equal in impact and in pop culture. TD defines the perfect “Pop” era and “Stripped” is cited as the template for the “maturing pop star” playbook.

“Back to Basics” and “Prism” are similar in impact and success too.

So overall I give the edge to Christina for the better career nat1 

Christina is like Kelly Clarkson level. Just forgettable really. moo12

53 minutes ago, Cl!t said:

Lol Xtina is definitely not a Kelly Clarkson. Especially not worldwide. You know who might be just as irrelevant as Kelly Clarkson worldwide tho? Katy Perry xtina6   

On 10/8/2019 at 1:30 AM, ShutUpRae said:

Yea top female artist of 2003 cause Britney had no material out bey4 Stripped might have " outsold" ITZ but nearly everything else before and after ITZ by britney outsold Xtina bey4 

Yet Xtina was the top female of 2000, when Britney had material out nat2 

15 minutes ago, Umbreon said:

You say Brit stans live in the past yet here you are bragging about the year 2000 rip2 

The question was asked, was xtina ever the it girl. Should i brag about the year 2012? You fucking pathetic nitwit.

13 hours ago, Cl!t said:

Kelly, Xtina and Katy all on them forgettable, however two of them are actually singers and won the most important music award not the kids choice ones...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.