Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Katy Petty

Was Christina ever the “it” girl?

She was never the it girl but she was a successful singer. For me the it girl is someone the public obsseses over beyond the music or movie career like personal life, fascination with whole stage persona, iconicity etc. It's someone you can't escape and the media talks about nonstop. The it girl also has to respond and go along and feed the whole phenomenon. 

Theres few it girls: Marilyn, Madonna, Britney, maybe Gaga.

1 minute ago, Gravity said:

She was never the it girl but she was a successful singer. For me the it girl is someone the public obsseses over beyond the music or movie career like personal life, fascination with whole stage persona, iconicity etc. It's someone you can't escape and the media talks about nonstop. The it girl also has to respond and go along and feed the whole phenomenon. 

you're like 12 right?

She was the It girl during her first years, dolls, commercials, musical success, host of the MTV Europe Music awards she was everywhere even during back to basics, she just what you're describing, people were obssesed with her transition from good to bad girl with Stripped... I'm not writing an essay just google it...

39 minutes ago, Mistress 9 said:

you're like 12 right?

She was the It girl during her first years, dolls, commercials, musical success, host of the MTV Europe Music awards she was everywhere even during back to basics, she just what you're describing, people were obssesed with her transition from good to bad girl with Stripped... I'm not writing an essay just google it...

Don't try to patronize me with those facts. I know almost all of Xtina's career considering she's my second fave. But for me she wasn't at the level of obsession that people were with Britney. They never asked her about her virginity, never really cared about her personal life aside from a few interviews, paparazzi didn't follow her everywhere etc. But she actually came out better out of not having any of these. 

Successful singer and it girl are totally different. And yeah for me she was never at the level of fascination simply bcuz she didn't didn't seem that goody two shoes and was always more raunchy and outspoken. People aren't interested in upfront persons. They like the mistery.

7 minutes ago, Gravity said:

Don't try to patronize me with those facts. I know almost all of Xtina's career considering she's my second fave. But for me she wasn't at the level of obsession that people were with Britney. They never asked her about her virginity, never really cared about her personal life aside from a few interviews, paparazzi didn't follow her everywhere etc. But she actually came out better out of not having any of these. 

Successful singer and it girl are totally different. And yeah for me she was never at the level of fascination simply bcuz she didn't didn't seem that goody two shoes and was always more raunchy and outspoken. People aren't interested in upfront persons. They like the mistery.

One thing is not being in the same level of another singer - just your opinion - they never asked about her virginity because she never preached she will keep herself virgin until marriage, people STILL care about her personal life sometimes even more than they care about her music, proof? the Paper magazine shoots before Liberation, the fights with P!nk or Kelly Osborn, you belong to a different generation, I'm pretty sure you didn't see her during her prime firsthandly, again is just your opinion and  mine...

1 hour ago, Gravity said:

She really just seemed like a star but not “the star”. Kinda like how no one gave a fuck Madonna kissed Crustina but with Britney its an iconic pop moment. brit7

17 minutes ago, Mistress 9 said:

One thing is not being in the same level of another singer - just your opinion - they never asked about her virginity because she never preached she will keep herself virgin until marriage, people STILL care about her personal life sometimes even more than they care about her music, proof? the Paper magazine shoots before Liberation, the fights with P!nk or Kelly Osborn, you belong to a different generation, I'm pretty sure you didn't see her during her prime firsthandly, again is just your opinion and  mine...

All people seem to know about xtuna is that she’s a great singer, a bitch and being good at spinning in a chair. No one seemed interested about her it seemed. eve1

18 minutes ago, Cl!t said:

All people seem to know about xtuna is that she’s a great singer, a bitch and being good at spinning in a chair. No one seemed interested about her it seemed. eve1

that happens a lot, just take a look at the eminem look alike you stan, she was everywhere and now she is only remembered thanks to Miss Taylor Swift's classic hit Bad Blood, harassing her dancing staff and "judge" in a singing competion - the inferior one btw - while she's unable to actually hold a 2 sec note live and steal eminem's look since her disastrous Flopness era

43 minutes ago, Mistress 9 said:

Sure I was too young when she was in her prime and couldn't experience it properly but I'm pretty sure I don't have to live in 80s to know how big Madonna was.

But it's okay you have your opinion and I have mine ari5

Just now, Gravity said:

Sure I was too young when she was in her prime and couldn't experience it properly but I'm pretty sure I don't have to live in 80s to know how big Madonna was.

But it's okay you have your opinion and I have mine ari5

😘

4 minutes ago, Mistress 9 said:

that happens a lot, just take a look at the eminem look alike you stan, she was everywhere and now she is only remembered thanks to Miss Taylor Swift's classic hit Bad Blood, harassing her dancing staff and "judge" in a singing competion - the inferior one btw - while she's unable to actually hold a 2 sec note live and steal eminem's look since her disastrous Flopness era

Dont even start comparing flops now darling.  I dont want you to look like a fool. xtina2 

The inferior one yet she remains one of the highest paid female artists. No matter how many commercials or attempted flops X has she’ll never reach the level others have. moo12

11 minutes ago, Cl!t said:

Dont even start comparing flops now darling.  I dont want you to look like a fool. xtina2 

The inferior one yet she remains one of the highest paid female artists. No matter how many commercials or attempted flops X has she’ll never reach the level others have. moo12

I have no problems if I look like a fool I'm not even using my real name so... yeah Xtina will never reach the "others" level just like Katy will never reach the level of “other” actual SINGERS like Lady Gaga, writers like Taylor Swift or won a grammy like Peppa Pig sure will ari11

47 minutes ago, Mistress 9 said:

I have no problems if I look like a fool I'm not even using my real name so... yeah Xtina will never reach the "others" level just like Katy will never reach the level of “other” actual SINGERS like Lady Gaga, writers like Taylor Swift or won a grammy like Peppa Pig sure will ari11

Katy sings and writes. Grammys? Lol they’re a joke. Look at some of the past winners eve1

20 minutes ago, Cl!t said:

Katy sings and writes. Grammys? Lol they’re a joke. Look at some of the past winners eve1

she’s not the best writer or singer she’s below average, from all the new girls she’s the weakest of the pack, I know it hurts but if you’re a singer - even tho she’s more like an entertainer -Grammys count bey2

17 hours ago, Mistress 9 said:

she’s not the best writer or singer she’s below average, from all the new girls she’s the weakest of the pack, I know it hurts but if you’re a singer - even tho she’s more like an entertainer -Grammys count bey2

Grammy’s are irrelevant like all other award shows but I guess anything to make Crustina’s career seem bigger. Her touring and like last three albums have done abysmal moo12

13 minutes ago, Cl!t said:

Grammy’s are irrelevant like all other award shows but I guess anything to make Crustina’s career seem bigger. Her touring and like last three albums have done abysmal moo12

well...Witness and her last 7 singles aren't hits exactly...ari6 thanks God Katy had her time to shine 2011-2014

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.