Burlesque musical coming to Broadway

Kirjava    6,832

BURLESQUE STAGE MUSICAL ANNOUNCED

The Christina Aguilera and Cher starring movie musical Burlesque will be the latest film to be adapted for the stage.

The stage musical adaptation is due to open at the Paper Mill Playhouse in New Jersey in Autumn 2020, prior to a planned Broadway transfer in Spring 2021.

http://theatrefan.co.uk/burlesque-stage-musical-announced/

RihannaRTT    11,378

awesome, hopefully we'll get a UK tour eventually giveup1 

Habits    2,683
3 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

awesome, hopefully we'll get a UK tour eventually giveup1 

Amelia Lily coming to snatch the role as Ali oprah5

Gravity    891
1 hour ago, Kirjava said:

Impact rih14

No joke. This movie had some impact. It's still played regularly on tv. So much for a so called 'flop'. It's one of the most successful movie starring a pop girl based on its longevity.

Mistress 9    810

Great movie, great songs Glad to see her legacy keeps growing...

BlancLover    920
21 hours ago, Gravity said:

No joke. This movie had some impact. It's still played regularly on tv. So much for a so called 'flop'. It's one of the most successful movie starring a pop girl based on its longevity.

Yes. One of the most successful 2000's pop girl movies commercially. If I were to rank them though (X's, Brit's, Mandy's and Jessica's)

Acting wise, Mandy is better of the four. (See "A Walk to Remember", "This is Us", and of course my fave indie movie, "Saved.")

Although X comes a close second since she's very theatrical and her expressions are wonderful. Also, the OST of Burlesque slays. 

Crossroads has a wonderful message but a little bit boring.

Jessica's.....let's not waste time talking about her fugly romcoms. 

I also wonder if we'll get to see Xtina and Cher perform even for just one show. That would make me happy. 

RihannaRTT    11,378
3 hours ago, BlancLover said:

Yes. One of the most successful 2000's pop girl movies commercially. If I were to rank them though (X's, Brit's, Mandy's and Jessica's)

Acting wise, Mandy is better of the four. (See "A Walk to Remember", "This is Us", and of course my fave indie movie, "Saved.")

Although X comes a close second since she's very theatrical and her expressions are wonderful. Also, the OST of Burlesque slays. 

Crossroads has a wonderful message but a little bit boring.

Jessica's.....let's not waste time talking about her fugly romcoms. 

I also wonder if we'll get to see Xtina and Cher perform even for just one show. That would make me happy. 

I very much doubt it. Cher didn't even perform for her own show let alone Burlesque lol. Maybe a promo appearance on TV like Good Morning America or something.