Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Miss Show Business

Ellen Dragged for FILTH for Friendship With George Bush

From Buzzfeed News

Ellen went to an NFL game and sat next to former president George Bush. They were seen talking and laughing, and when these images hit Twitter, Twitter wasn't having ANY of it.

sub-buzz-123-1570531568-1.png

sub-buzz-444-1570540097-1.png

sub-buzz-127-1570531202-1.png

sub-buzz-150-1570531536-1.png

sub-buzz-128-1570531038-1.png

sub-buzz-151-1570531597-1.png

Ellen defended herself in a monologue on her show, (it won't embed) saying she is friends with many people who have different beliefs, and compared the situation to her dislike of people wearing fur. This prompted more backlash.

sub-buzz-188-1570533568-1.png

sub-buzz-197-1570533403-1.png

sub-buzz-212-1570533601-1.png

sub-buzz-212-1570533440-1.png

sub-buzz-463-1570540220-1.png

sub-buzz-205-1570533753-1.png

sub-buzz-211-1570533708-1.png

sub-buzz-215-1570533878-1.png

sub-buzz-227-1570534142-1.png

Wow, points were made. Do you agree Ellen is a tone deaf rich celebrity who is blinded by her wealth and privilege and covers up her misgivings with her "KiNdNeSs!!#*$" schtick? I think yes!  jj2

I was arguing about this with someone else the other day — Bush was a terrible President, he is not a terrible person. Would I be friends with him? No — but I wouldn’t bat an eye at the prospect of leaving my wife or daughter in the same room alone with him. 

I don’t know — everyone is going to have an opinion, but if there’s one thing Donald Trump taught me, it’s that to keep things in perspective and scope. 

With that in mind, I personally don’t see the big deal — and Ellen gives no fucks either, so it’s not worth arguing about. 

16 minutes ago, Darth Sidious said:

I was arguing about this with someone else the other day — Bush was a terrible President, he is not a terrible person. Would I be friends with him? No — but I wouldn’t bat an eye at the prospect of leaving my wife or daughter in the same room alone with him. 

I don’t know — everyone is going to have an opinion, but if there’s one thing Donald Trump taught me, it’s that to keep things in perspective and scope. 

With that in mind, I personally don’t see the big deal — and Ellen gives no fucks either, so it’s not worth arguing about. 

I agree completely, I think Ellen's mistake here however is her apparent misunderstanding of his actions, including his anti-LGBTQ history. Her being an LGBT icon, this isn't a good look.

1 minute ago, Miss Show Business said:

I agree completely, I think Ellen's mistake here however is her apparent misunderstanding of his actions, including his anti-LGBTQ history. Her being an LGBT icon, this isn't a good look.

I know that — and it is valid. I’m just trying to keep shit in perspective, and that is that Dubya, as a person, is not malicious, not like Karen Pence or someone as equally repulsive, like her husband or her husband’s boss. 

I don’t know, just my two cents. 

31 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

Her hanging out with GWB shouldn't be that shocking tbh. Bush is also VERY close to Michelle Obama, but we aren't really giving her the same amount of criticism, are we? Lady Gaga has also be photographed with GHWB and GWB, does this damage her status as an LGBT icon? I doubt it.

It mob mentality, knee jerk reaction tbh. People see other people attacking her, but were silent when it he was with others gag1.

It's hardly shocking. 

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

Regardless of the Bush affiliation, Ellen is widely known to not be a nice person off the show. I’m not surprised about this; she and Oprah are both extremely fake.

Just watch the show and you'll quickly pick up that she doesn't want to be there, does it for the money and is constantly grumpy.

1 hour ago, Kenya said:

Her hanging out with GWB shouldn't be that shocking tbh. Bush is also VERY close to Michelle Obama, but we aren't really giving her the same amount of criticism, are we? Lady Gaga has also be photographed with GHWB and GWB, does this damage her status as an LGBT icon? I doubt it.

It mob mentality, knee jerk reaction tbh. People see other people attacking her, but were silent when it he was with others gag1.

I think the criticism is valid. Bush after all was responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths in the Iraq War, and was opposed to LGBT rights and same sex marriage. I think it's problematic to be such an LGBT icon and to closely align yourself with someone who literally wanted to oppress you. I would apply this same view to Gaga and anyone else, although being photographed with someone and declaring a friendship with someone is a completely different scenario. The Obamas are different because they are the former POTUS and FLOTUS. All in all I think celebrities, especially celebrities who are activists, need to be more mindful about who they associate with in public. Ellen nor any other celebrity is shielded from criticism.

7 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

I think the criticism is valid. Bush after all was responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths in the Iraq War, and was opposed to LGBT rights and same sex marriage. I think it's problematic to be such an LGBT icon and to closely align yourself with someone who literally wanted to oppress you. I would apply this same view to Gaga and anyone else, although being photographed with someone and declaring a friendship with someone is a completely different scenario. The Obamas are different because they are the former POTUS and FLOTUS. All in all I think celebrities, especially celebrities who are activists, need to be more mindful about who they associate with in public. Ellen nor any other celebrity is shielded from criticism.

I don't disagree with you on that validity of the criticism. I don't really think it's that different in that their status as a reason they are friends should not precede the actions of their presidency. Barack and Michelle are not forced to hang out or associate with the Bushes, but yet they choose to do so, and I think it's valid to criticize their relationship. At the root of it I think it's more a class argument rather than a moral one. 

Also, I retract my criticism of Lady Gaga, as the picture I saw was cropped, and actually included all former living presidents.

2 hours ago, Kenya said:

Bush is also VERY close to Michelle Obama, but we aren't really giving her the same amount of criticism, are we?

1 hour ago, Kenya said:

Barack and Michelle are not forced to hang out or associate with the Bushes, but yet they choose to do so, and I think it's valid to criticize their relationship.

There is absolutely no "valid" criticism in a former president and first lady interacting with another, especially when it was done in a professional capacity.

Michelle Obama gave him hugs cause she's kind but I don't recall them meeting up with GWB for social events.

What criticism do they garner for being cordial and respectful to someone who also shared the same role prior? oprah8

1 hour ago, who is you, chiron? said:

There is absolutely no "valid" criticism in a former president and first lady interacting with another, especially when it was done in a professional capacity.

Michelle Obama gave him hugs cause she's kind but I don't recall them meeting up with GWB for social events.

What criticism do they garner for being cordial and respectful to someone who also shared the same role prior? oprah8

Huh? 

https://www.cnn.com/2017/03/02/politics/george-bush-michelle-obama-friends/index.html

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/politics/a22979284/george-w-bush-michelle-obama-friendship-history/

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/14/politics/michelle-obama-george-w-bush-friendship/index.html

https://www.today.com/news/george-w-bush-says-friendship-michelle-obama-surprised-everybody-t108789

This took me approximately 25 seconds to google. 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.