Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Entea

The Sims 4 Discover University trailer premieres tomorrow

The Sims Team has put up an official YouTube Premiere Event on their channel that counts down to the full reveal of The Sims 4 Discover University Expansion Pack. More specifically – the pack’s trailer reveal!

The trailer is set to premiere at 8AM PT / 5PM CET / 4PM BT. You can catch it down below:

More info:

It would appear the Microsoft accidentally revealed a listing for The Sims 4: Discover University earlier today. Now this wasn’t just any old listing. This was a listing with more information than what we had previously seen. However it does look like Microsoft has removed the listing after realising their error.

It would appear that the listing is geared towards the console release of the game as a release date of the 17th December 2019 has been found in this listing. While it is not confirmed that this is the true console release date, if both listed dates for PC/Mac and Console are correct it definetly falls in line with how the more recent releases have been scheduled. The leaked date for PC / Mac release is November 15th, 2019.

One of the newest bits of information that has come with this particular listing is the expansion pack features.

With a new world named Britechester to explore, mumerous classes, extracurricular activities and more to explore it would appear that The Sims 4 Discover University will have plenty to offer!

Settle into School – Welcome to Britechester! Begin a new chapter for your Sim when they enroll in the historical University of Britechester or modern Foxbury Institute. Live in a dorm or off-campus, explore Britechester on a bicycle, spend time in the student commons, and have a study session at the library. Cheer on the student body at a school spirit event and wear school colors to show your Sim’s pride.

Stay Classy – Sims enroll in the University that piques their interest, finding classes in biology, computer science, art history, and even villainy. Attend a lecture or work on term papers and presentations – the more your Sim learns, the better they will be in careers like teaching, law, and engineering. Going to classes or blowing them off will affect your Sim’s grades, so time management is a must.

Meet, Mingle, and Explore – How your Sim embraces college life is up to them. They can study all night to complete homework or chill out and sleep in. And, with activities like juice pong, juggling a soccer ball, and hanging out with roomates, taking a break has never been so fun! Plus, your Sim can join school organizations like robotics, debate, art, or even a mysterious secret society. As the school year progresses, Sims beome their best selves and discover who they are meant to be.

Express Your Campus Style – Make your Sim’s space cozy with dorm room decor that reflects their personality with objects like posters and a mini-fridge. Then, develop their personal style in any way you choose, whether wearing late for-class-sweatpants or their best-self slacks, there’s always a way to show school spirit or impress a classmate.

TS4DUpreorder.jpg

x x

TS4 Maxis is problematic af in general and I still don't trust them to release another pack besides Seasons that will change the game substantially outside of an isolated or glitchy extension

I guess its nice they're finally doing this pack after a million years, though; That cover render looks hideous

Why couldn't they just call it University like before? Like was the "Discover" REALLY necessary rip4 

Anyway, feel meh about this. Never cared about the university expansions. I rarely actually play with the sims, I just build, so they were usually useless apart from the items.

27 minutes ago, Miss Show Business said:

I don't understand why they don't just create a new game instead of having 3,000 different packs jj4

They are developing The Sims 5, but are dedicated to continuing to build the fourth game. Besides, it's what EA does with this franchise, except this game has been the longest to-date.

2 hours ago, Ruthless Love said:

They are developing The Sims 5, but are dedicated to continuing to build the fourth game. Besides, it's what EA does with this franchise, except this game has been the longest to-date.

Sims 5 coming on TS4 10 year anniversary tay5

9 hours ago, Ruthless Love said:

Simmers have been sent out acceptance and rejection letters from the universities included as part of the pack.

Omg, this is how I found out about it all. James' vid is click bait as he actually got accepted so I don't think there's letters rejecting Game Changers

7 hours ago, Ruthless Love said:

I guess it takes the longest to expand the weakest/emptiest game in the franchise, including the spin-offs and console one-offs wendy1

3 hours ago, Venom said:

I guess it takes the longest to expand the weakest/emptiest game in the franchise, including the spin-offs and console one-offs wendy1

Who the frig knows; I've seen interviews with Sim Gurus where they're real positive about the fourth game, and wanting to expand it as much as possible. Who knows. The Sims 3 was a struggle for them, so I'm not surprised they stripped the game down to nothing for The Sims 4. Hopefully, the fifth game has a bit more.

9 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

Who the frig knows; I've seen interviews with Sim Gurus where they're real positive about the fourth game, and wanting to expand it as much as possible. Who knows. The Sims 3 was a struggle for them, so I'm not surprised they stripped the game down to nothing for The Sims 4. Hopefully, the fifth game has a bit more.

They didn't "strip the game down" for Sims 4, they were literally making a random online spinoff cashgrab called Sims Olympus that they changed to Sims 4 wendy1

27 minutes ago, Venom said:

They didn't "strip the game down" for Sims 4, they were literally making a random online spinoff cashgrab called Sims Olympus that they changed to Sims 4 wendy1

Meh. Either way, it was poorly executed. I mean, they fucking took away toddlers.... who does that?

Just now, Ruthless Love said:

Meh. Either way, it was poorly executed. I mean, they fucking took away toddlers.... who does that?

Don't forget ghosts, pools, family trees, the ability to put in new lot spaces, meaningful traits/personalities, firemen, burglary, newspapers, etc. wendy1

Just now, Venom said:

Don't forget ghosts, pools, family trees, the ability to put in new lot spaces, meaningful traits/personalities, firemen, burglary, newspapers, etc. wendy1

I remember this interview so clearly.... eye-opening, and am so happy Semaj was the one to do it.

12 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

I remember this interview so clearly.... eye-opening, and am so happy Semaj was the one to do it.

I'm never really going to be able to have trust in this game anymore, considering all the messery from what the base game lacked at launch, what the game lacks now, the many instances of SimGurus acting unprofessional, that one time there was a pedo on the Game Changers team and SimGurus ignored complaints about it until a YouTube Simmer actually talked about it publicly, that one time they removed content from Cats & Dogs so they could milk wallets with an extra stuff pack, the instances of them absolutely botching Sim appearances/personalities under the guise of it being AU (whitewashed Cassandra Goth comes to mind), etc. etc.

I guess I'm just a Sims 2 stannie for life nat1

6 minutes ago, Venom said:

that one time there was a pedo on the Game Changers team and SimGurus ignored complaints about it until a YouTube Simmer actually talked about it publicly

undefined

When the FUCK did this happen, and how was I not aware of it? I'm wondering who the fuck exposed them, too!

Just now, Ruthless Love said:

undefined

When the FUCK did this happen, and how was I not aware of it? I'm wondering who the fuck exposed them, too!

https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news/ea-apologizes-sims-predator-1203161126/

I forgot to mention before that I also refuse to support EA in general because of their well-known money-hunger and them holding the Alice franchise hostage from it's creator, but thats irrelevant file1

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.