Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Chris

Kesha | High Road | January 31, 2020

Tonight 6/10 - its nice, i like it but its too messy and all over the place. 

My Own Dance 8/10 - lyrics wise sometimes you have to look away bit but overall this song, Raising Hell and High Road are all kinda feel good attitude anthem trinty of whole album. 

Raising Hell 10/10 - its awesome I genuinely love it a lot, and Big Freedia fullfills this track perfectly. 

High Road 9/10 - honestly this is the track that should be featuring Ke$ha. 

Shadow 7.5/10 - its good track but "If you don't like me you can suck my" ruins it for me, completly unnecesary. 

Honey 8/10 - i really enjoy this one, its raw, silly and fun. And Tayla Parx is good too. One thing against (and it happens a lot on this album) some of lyrics again are unnecesary vulgar. 

Cowboy Blues 10/10 - I LOVE this track, its extremely relatable for me. Its remind me of Robyn 'Indestructible' song "And I never was smart with loveI / let the bad ones in and the good ones go". 

Resentment 1/10 - thank you next. Maybe as solo track it would be better shrug1

Little Bit of Love 6/10 - its nice, but missing something. 

Birthday Suit 8/10 - i like it a lot, demo too. Love the Mario sample in it. 

Kinky 2/10 - awful lyrics, basic music, i dont get hype for this at all! And that god awful putting gay kisses as something "kinky" ari1 and intro makes it almost unbearable. 

Potato Song 6/10 - i like trumpets a lot, but lyrics jj3

BFF 1/10 - A NO NO. lyrics and structure of this song are so awful. Can't believe that this is same guy who wrote 90 Days for Pink. I get the idea but somehow this cotton candy "do you remeber when" is just ugh bad. 

Father Daughter Dance 10 /10 - great song. Kesha shines in simple ballads. Her song writing too when she stops trying to be "edgy" so much. 

Chasing Thunder 6/10 - its good track, but its kinda overdone cliche at this point. 

Summer 7/10 - its a good album track. I enjoy it. 

This album definitely feels less cohesive than Rainbow on a first listen.

I think finding the balance between pre and post Rainbow Kesha is the main issue.

That being said some tracks slap and land a lot better. My Own Dance, Raising Hell, and Birthday Suit are stand outs on the first listen for me.

I think with another listen as a whole album I'll have a more formed opinion.

On 2/1/2020 at 12:03 AM, Hyun. said:

this album is... horrible omg? rip4 i think i only slightly enjoyed Little Bit of Love and Kinky if you remove the intro rip4

Finally somebody mentioning LBOL, it's one of the two songs that I really like, the other is FDD.

Half of the others have very good parts but also elements that are very bad (examples: "bitch we're going out tonight", "hiiiiiiihihihiiii high road", the Kinky intro), also the background sounds and voices are awful and some lyrics forced and very basic (I'm sure she didn't write such things but she's executive producer so she approved them).

The other half is dead2

I’m not getting the hate for this album, but then again I tend to enjoy albums that the artists’ fanbase view as being bad so it’s whatever.
Rainbow > Warrior > High Road > Animal > Cannibal

It's a good album but the background vocals on the first half are terrible. Every Ballad is unlistenable except Shadow.

The bops are amazing except High Road and Raising Hell. Tonight has the problem with the chorus and the "bitch we going out tonight".

Really enjoyed this for the most part kesha4 She blended her styles and it seems like she came into herself more. It feels authentic. Summer shoulda made the record. Only don't really use Honey and My Own Dance. Looking forward to the country record she's meant to be working on; I know she'll do it justice. kesha4 

What yall don't understand is that Kesha wanted to reclaim her old voice as she was in her Ke$ha era, and did it well. She wanted to do an album that was completely herself and unique to he personality. She succeeded. She took various pieces of her life, career and personality and work it into a single album. Sure it sounds messy at times, but that's who she is. And it just works for her because she's been doing it for so long. Even if songs have gone unreleased, she's still done this all her career. The only reason most people find the album messy, unlistenable or at variation of such is because they just don't understand her personality like her core Animals do. She pulled the album off greatly, it just needed better promo and maybe some additional or less producers. 

Side note, the demo versions of Birthday Suit are superior in every way. 

1 hour ago, Chris Morlock said:

What yall don't understand is that Kesha wanted to reclaim her old voice as she was in her Ke$ha era, and did it well. She wanted to do an album that was completely herself and unique to he personality. She succeeded. She took various pieces of her life, career and personality and work it into a single album. Sure it sounds messy at times, but that's who she is. And it just works for her because she's been doing it for so long. Even if songs have gone unreleased, she's still done this all her career. The only reason most people find the album messy, unlistenable or at variation of such is because they just don't understand her personality like her core Animals do. She pulled the album off greatly, it just needed better promo and maybe some additional or less producers. 

The issue is Ke$ha has always been messy. But it had personality to the messiness. This album lacks the reclamation of her messiness that was in Animal or Warrior. Like it’s not... Fun. Like Kinky is the best song and it still seems safe by not touching territory of the kesha back in the day who literally has songs about fucking ghosts and calling people a cunt. 

3 hours ago, Chris Morlock said:

What you don't understand is that just because you like something doesn't mean everyone else will. I really admire standing for your fave but sometimes you've gotta take the stan glasses off and have a little bit of objectivity. Don't be dragging other people's opinions because they don't mirror your own! 

11 hours ago, Chris Morlock said:

You don't understand a much simpler thing: the main problem of this album is not the mess due to her personality.

There are many parts that sonically suck: the mix, sounds, background voices, missing choruses, basic lyrics...it sounds bad, not messy dead7

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.