Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Kuba

5 Unexpected Katy Perry Streaming Classics

5. Thinking Of You 

Image result for thinking of you katy perry

Total Streams: 66.9M (Original + Acoustic)

Perhaps there is nothing unexpected about this fan favorite song becoming a classic in Katy Perry's discography. However, when put in context of the album it stems from, its streaming numbers become quite surprising! Despite having modest chart success, (#29 bbh100) it receives nearly double the recurrent streams of top 10 hit Waking Up in Vegas. The acoustic version also manages to out-do several album tracks on One of The Boys. 

4. Swish Swish (ft. Nicki Minaj)

Image result for swish swish katy perry

Total Streams: 293M

Swish Swish made a lot of noise for Katy despite not even entering the top 40 on bbh100. The star studded video, the backpack kid, the Taylor beef, the memes and the Ellen haircut all made it feel like a big event (perhaps one that we'd like to forget!) With all that in mind, it might not be so surprising that it became a streaming hit for Katy. However, what put it on this list is its current domination over Chained to the Rhythm. Despite peaking at #4 on bbh100, having 400M streams and being a much bigger WW hit, it receives less recurrent streams than Swish Swish. 

3. Unconditionally  

Image result for unconditionally katy perry

Total Streams: 202M

If there was a hit Katy really wanted to happen, it was most definitely Unconditionally. Though her efforts didn't reap the success she probably would have wanted, streaming helped solidify the song as a classic in her discography. It may not come as a total surprise that the 3rd biggest song from Prism receives the 3rd most streams from that album. However, it becomes a surprise when this top 15 hit receives more recurrent streams than half of her #1s on Teenage Dream and literally any song on Witness. An acoustic version would have definitely pushed the song to further streaming highs.

2. The One That Got Away 

Image result for one that got away album cover

Total Streams: 298M (Original + Acoustic)

Again, this is another instance of "oh wow, this isn't really unexpected!" However on second thought, it's probably the most statistically shocking song on here. Despite peaking at #3 following five #1 singles from one album, it receives the most recurrent streams from Teenage Dream between the original and acoustic version. Extremely impressive for the least successful song of 6 singles. Stream for clear skin and to remind Katy that she needs to release more ballads!

1. Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F)

Image result for katy perry last friday night tgif single

Total Streams: 294M (Original + Remix)

Last Friday Night is the most surprising Katy Perry streaming hit. Over the past three months, it received the most recurrent streams from Katy's discography including monster hits like Dark Horse, Roar and Firework. It is the only #1 on this list, so perhaps its streaming success should not come as a surprise. However, it is undoubtedly one of Katy's lowest performing #1 hits, only behind Part Of Me. Perhaps Last Friday Night reminds people of iconic early 2010s parties! 

58 minutes ago, Kuba said:

Last Friday Night is the most surprising Katy Perry streaming hit. Over the past three months, it received the most recurrent streams from Katy's discography including monster hits like Dark Horse, Roar and Firework. It is the only #1 on this list, so perhaps its streaming success should not come as a surprise. However, it is undoubtedly one of Katy's lowest performing #1 hits, only behind Part Of Me. Perhaps Last Friday Night reminds people of iconic early 2010s parties!

Yes! Also from what I recall it was for a long time on the TGIF playlist and 10s hits playlist

1 hour ago, Kuba said:

5. Thinking Of You 

Image result for thinking of you katy perry

Total Streams: 66.9M (Original + Acoustic)

Perhaps there is nothing unexpected about this fan favorite song becoming a classic in Katy Perry's discography. However, when put in context of the album it stems from, its streaming numbers become quite surprising! Despite having modest chart success, (#29 bbh100) it receives nearly double the recurrent streams of top 10 hit Waking Up in Vegas. The acoustic version also manages to out-do several album tracks on One of The Boys. 

Her career highlight 

1 hour ago, Kuba said:

5. Thinking Of You

Her best song! I am probably 90% of the streams on the acoustic version :D 

1 hour ago, Kuba said:

Though her efforts didn't reap the success she probably would have wanted, streaming helped solidify the song as a classic in her discography.

I mean, also this song I would consider a hit, at least around where I lived, it played allllll the time cry8  But it was kind of overshadowed by Roar, which was sooo fucking big. 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.