Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Madonna

Will Mariah get her 19th #1 with AIWFCIY this year? [BG Edition]

Moo is already gearing for her tiny bit of relevance that she has every year before disappearing from everyone's mind again. So, we should probably discuss what her chances of getting another #1 for a song no one associates with her are.

source.gif

f18ecfa8e46220966c6c8cafea4110a5.jpg

7 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

Americans go NUTS over Christmas, she could defeat Adele for a cute lil week

source.gif

She hasn't done it so far. Why would she be able to do it this time?

source.gif

3 minutes ago, Venus XCX said:

At least she sells for two months of every year. Madonna couldn't in June even when she released an album and used the Pulse tragedy as shock value for her music video.

LZETvxD.jpg 

I can agree that Mariah sells more than Madonna during the holidays but Madame X did better than Mariah's non-Christmas releases tho.. It sold around 500K units worldwide despite being considered a massive flop. Congrats to Moo for achieving this feat bc lbr not a single fave can say their 30 year old song re-charts every year with a new peak.But yeah.. I wouldn't call Madonna a flop when Mariah outside of Christmas does worse than her ari9

11 minutes ago, Venus XCX said:

At least she sells for two months of every year. Madonna couldn't in June even when she released an album and used the Pulse tragedy as shock value for her music video.

LZETvxD.jpg 

Madonna's catalogue is selling too, The Immaculate Collection re-enters charts every year. Check kworb, many of her albums are getting bought on iTunes in many big countries. Even Rebel Heart still into many iTunes charts rn.

ari9

8 minutes ago, hector said:

I can agree that Mariah sells more than Madonna during the holidays but Madame X did better than Mariah's non-Christmas releases tho.. It sold around 500K units worldwide despite being considered a massive flop. Congrats to Moo for achieving this feat bc lbr not a single fave can say their 30 year old song re-charts every year with a new peak.But yeah.. I wouldn't call Madonna a flop when Mariah outside of Christmas does worse than her ari9

Madonna during a year sells more than Mariah during December. ari9

2 minutes ago, hector said:

she does? i had no clue ari9 

9 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

Madonna's catalogue is selling too, The Immaculate Collection re-enters charts every year. Check kworb, many of her albums are getting bought on iTunes in many big countries. Even Rebel Heart still into many iTunes charts rn.

ari9

yes ari9 

58 minutes ago, Madonna said:

She hasn't done it so far. Why would she be able to do it this time?

source.gif

the answer is simple; streaming services keep growing year by year and so will the song. i'd say 99,9% she has the #1 on lock this year unless some juggernaut blocks it.

4 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

the answer is simple; streaming services keep growing year by year and so will the song. i'd say 99,9% she has the #1 on lock this year unless some juggernaut blocks it.

and there most definitely will be since Adele is coming with a new song/album. jj4

42 minutes ago, Madonna said:

and there most definitely will be since Adele is coming with a new song/album. jj4

i THINK she is coming in the next two weeks or something so i don't think it will have the longevity to stay at #1 until Christmas. giveup3but we shall see.

i'm not the biggest Moo fan around but i wouldn't mind if she'd finally snatch that #1. that song is iconic.

The top ten is SO weak as of late so it’s definitely not impossible for her right now. Her only competition would be Adele and Rihanna, both of which are just speculation. Anything is possible and it’s kind of anyone’s game at this point.

2 hours ago, Venus XCX said:

LZETvxD.jpg 

Didn't Madonna open with 25,000 in the UK and Mariah only 900? What happened? Madonna was slaying with Confessions at this point in her career. moo12

Yes it will. 

I find it laughable people comparing Madonna to Mariah still. They're both past their prime and neither are really flops. They've both built a legacy, who has the bigger legacy is irrelevant. they both have a strong legacy and don't need to prove themselves anymore. 

After a certain point in a singers careers charts don't matter, just look at Celine. All her singles flopped for filth after c1999, but she has a legacy and is a icon. It's the same with Madge and Moo (and probably at some point in the future Xtina).

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.