Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

loudliyah

Is Katy perry officially over?

Commercially... Yesbrit1

It still baffles me how much of a rapid decline she had in popularity after Witness-brit1

She was such a huge force, literally hit after hit, bop after bopbrit1  now nobody checks for ha, how does this happen? Such a shame, Harleys in Hawaii is a bop.

She barely promoted it and it was never released to radio, so I wouldn’t be inclined to judge her future on the success of HIH. 

Judging by Selena Gomez on the cusp of going #1, the GP’s taste is declined severely. Even if she released something of quality, I’m not sure it would resonate with the GP.

1 minute ago, Kenya said:

She barely promoted it and it was never released to radio, so I wouldn’t be inclined to judge her future on the success of HIH. 

Judging by Selena Gomez on the cusp of going #1, the GP’s taste is declined severely. Even if she released something of quality, I’m not sure it would resonate with the GP.

So it’s a promo single....?

59 minutes ago, Avatar said:

Maybe if she promoted it and did some effort to get her stuff recognised instead of her going on talk shows for her fugly shoes not ONE person would wear. 

Fashion isn’t always about wearability ny12 she’s not designing shoes for vans or converse ny12 her shoe business is pretty successful and has won several awards so let’s not discredit her success ny12 

1 minute ago, loudliyah said:

So it’s a promo single....?

The singles she’s releasing aren’t attached to anything and are not from an album, ep, or mixtape so sure, it’s a promo single. 

I'm not sure, she's in a weird place where she could have a huge comeback or she could continue to flop. It just goes to show ageism still exists. Katy is 30+ now and no one seems to care for her, despite the fact she's been releasing some of the best songs of her career lately. 

Ohh well, i'm just happy to be getting such quality bops. Even if they do flop.

17 minutes ago, Kenya said:

Fashion isn’t always about wearability ny12 she’s not designing shoes for vans or converse ny12 her shoe business is pretty successful and has won several awards so let’s not discredit her success ny12 

Ok? lol3 I get that she loves to create shoes and I definitely do not hate for promoting it, but when it's getting to a point where she promotes her shoes more than her musical career then have fun defending Katy. 

If anything she's brought the flopping on herself! 

25 minutes ago, Avatar said:

Ok? lol3 I get that she loves to create shoes and I definitely do not hate for promoting it, but when it's getting to a point where she promotes her shoes more than her musical career then have fun defending Katy. 

If anything she's brought the flopping on herself! 

I'm not going to criticize her capitalizing on her successful side company when she's not releasing an album lol3 

Her recent singles haven't been successful for a variety of reasons, but to say that it's because she's prioritized her shoes over music isn't accurate lol3 

She will do fine as a Legacy Act like Christina Aguilera. Not sure if American Idol was the best decision for her career, it made her appear that she was finished with music and is now a talent judge. Let’s face it, no one comes off those shows with more popularity. nicki4

The whole roll-out of her recent singles reminds me of Meghan Trainor. Katy should just go in another direction and not release anything until 2020.

She didnt do any promo did she? If she released HiH song first, did performances, interviews, late night shows, then music video drop, etc. like a single should get, she would def get higher positions than shes showing now. I honestly don’t think the GP is checking for her anymore so she needs to push the promo to get back in the spotlight imo.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.